Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

121 - 140 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I thought Epic was pretty great on the surround effects (watched it last night). It was good to have a nice 7.1 audio movie show my how bad my speaker setup is (mismatched speakers)! :) Flying scenes plus some of the nature scenes provided some great sounds all around me.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Wow..just watched "Terminator Salvation" in the HT and it looks and sounds amazing!!..Chapter 10 is my new "show off material"... but, the whole movie is full of awesome sound bits!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
A friend gave me his Blu Ray copy of Inception. Neither of us understand this movie but the DTS Master Audio is unreal. Surround is extraordinary and the bass shakes the house.

I'm gonna keep watching until I figure this thing out! :scratch:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Inception is a great movie to show off your sound system, but it's definitely one that you need to pay attention to and perhaps watch more than once.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just watched Pacific Rim and Real Steel over the weekend, it gave my sub a serious workout. Had my house shaking!!!!! Loved it

·
Registered
910 Posts
Its Pacific Rim for me. Incredible LFE

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I am going to go out on a limb here and vote for The "Conjuring"

I was my assumption there would be a few scary low notes and some giant wallops here and there not to mention screaming family members and things go wrong, but and this is a BIG BUT the sonics are to die for. The beginning of the movie has a few warning shots over the bow in way of low low low tones that come and go as the danger ebbs and flows. Near the last 3/4 of the film however, your system is going to become possessed by the loudest lowest, baddest and nastiest sounds I had ever heard. I don't mean a few bumps and thumps in the night, I mean Foley magic on a scale of a nuclear happening. I am still surprised I do not have cone and electrostatic material all over me. I can say I am thankful for the extra power my Emotiva added as well as the servo subs that Velodyne offered on the low end. How is my room still standing ? How are my brains still in my hear....or are they ? I guess heaven is indeed strong by whole bunches. Thank Goodness.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
he's not kidding either. there's some INCREDIBLE bass from that sucker. It honestly surprised the tar out of me when I reviewed it
I looked for a review but did not see it Mike, you are always spot on with your sonic assessments, at least in my opinion. :D

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
he's not kidding either. there's some INCREDIBLE bass from that sucker. It honestly surprised the tar out of me when I reviewed it
Color me an idiot, but I cannot find your review. I did a search and what have you but no luck. Can you do a link ??

121 - 140 of 178 Posts