Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

161 - 177 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Rambo (the new latest one). Has awesome sound. It works the subs and all the speakers for that matter. My surrounds sound really good with that movie. The explosions, 50 cal, etc. Sounded awesome.
The new Exodus movie will give your system a workout, excellent use of surrounds in all the speakers!

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Glad you posted on this thread. I forgot about it. Looks like everyone else did too. The first one that came to my mind was lone survivor. Then I looked at the last few posts lol. It truly is exemplary. Seriously, I check for bullet holes in my room after watching it. Plus iirc, it has content in the 6hz range during the chopper scenes. Mine won't dig that deep but... Also master and commander, I believe the BD version has a 30hz filter on it. Very disappointing as the original mix is one of the best demo pieces ever. Wish I would've known that when I tried to demo with the BD version. Sound field use is still awesome though. Ninja turtles is awesome too. Most newer action releases will be great. Marvels releases are.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Cool thread! I like way too many, but a couple newer ones I enjoy are Avatar, Divergent, White House Down, and Shooter. All have lots of action and dynamics! Blue rays of course.

Regards,
David

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

·
Registered
142 Posts
OH and last night after work I stopped by target and purchased Jurassic Park.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats all i gotta say about that!! :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
OK. I am going to give my best shot. Please work with me here:

I am trying to remember these two movies my wife and I watched quite a while back (within the last 2 years) on xbox live. One was a sort of paranormal movie and the other para/alien. I am going to TRY real hard to describe parts of it......in the hopes yall can help me remember.

The first one has a cover of a bed with I think two girls sleeping in their underwear....something similar to the covers of paranormal activity. Now i remember a party at the start of the movie. a sister and brother. dad bbq'ing. a bunch of young teens partying. a house that seemed out in the middle of nowwhere. they start to notice wierd things happening. sort of like paranormal things. i think the entity or whatever is after the girl. thats all i got guys.....sorry. its been a while. hope someone can help. I think the title begins with para something. Ive been googling and nothing yet. next movie in the next post. thx.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ok the next movie starts of with a girl bringing her __________ boyfriend. the parents are leaving to a night out. then the boyfriend shows up. she has i think two younger brothers or 3. there is a sort of boat ramp...peer in the back yard by the lake. the night starts to turn to hearing noises. unexplained stuff happening. at some point they all start to watch TV in the living room and one of the males finds his dad gun. they start to see lights outside and they see an alien inside. they all run out towards the peer/water and hide in the surrounding wooded area. finally the aliens take some or all the kids. A dog plays a big role in this movie. i think lol thats all i got guys.....

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
OK. I am going to give my best shot. Please work with me here: I am trying to remember these two movies my wife and I watched quite a while back (within the last 2 years) on xbox live. One was a sort of paranormal movie and the other para/alien. I am going to TRY real hard to describe parts of it......in the hopes yall can help me remember. The first one has a cover of a bed with I think two girls sleeping in their underwear....something similar to the covers of paranormal activity. Now i remember a party at the start of the movie. a sister and brother. dad bbq'ing. a bunch of young teens partying. a house that seemed out in the middle of nowwhere. they start to notice wierd things happening. sort of like paranormal things. i think the entity or whatever is after the girl. thats all i got guys.....sorry. its been a while. hope someone can help. I think the title begins with para something. Ive been googling and nothing yet. next movie in the next post. thx.
For the first I'm thinkin the new remake of
Evil dead?...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Mediogre.....no. I found the first one....finally. It was the bell witch haunting. It was a decent movie that we enjoyed watching. The second one though........aaaaahhhhhhh!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had somehow never gotten around to seeing David O. Russell's THREE KINGS. The film that turned George Clooney's career around, I recall. Great movie, similar to Kubrick's best (that might sound like hype, but really, some of the dark humor is consistent with the work of the master).

From what I could tell streaming on Netflix, this film has great use of surround for helicopters, rockets, etc. Was searching for reviews and pricing on the BD before the film was over.....

·
Registered
225 Posts
Jupiter Ascending, while not the best written film (not terrible, but some questionable things), has the best dynamics I've heard in my theater, plus it looks gorgeous.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Jupiter Ascending, while not the best written film (not terrible, but some questionable things), has the best dynamics I've heard in my theater, plus it looks gorgeous.
Blu-ray.com review of the 3D BD says the audio is incredible (and it's Atmos,... sa-weet!). Unfortunately, it's Jupiter Ascending. Not everyone's cuppa tea.

·
Registered
192 Posts
It's not out on disc yet, but in the theater, the sound mix of LOVE & MERCY (Brian Wilson pic) was amazing. It will show off a great HT, I promise you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I haven't read through all the posts, but I just need to chime in and give a nod the opening sequence of Saving Private Ryan. :TT

161 - 177 of 177 Posts