Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I have one ED 130v.2 dual 2ohm vc in a small 1.0cf sealed box and I would like to try it in a ported enclosure. What would be the best size with more movies than music in mind. Also I have a 4.0cf sealed that I built useing the shiva x and was wondering is it OK to mix sealed and ported subs in the same room? Here are the specs on the sub.. http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=35 I will be powering both subs with the EP-2500.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::huh::huh:

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
The specs listed are for the dual 4 ohm with a Re of 8.3. I'm assuming the Re of the dual 2 ohm would be 4.15. That being said, it models to 3.3 cu.ft tuned to 19 hz. 600 watts input power and a high pass filter at 16 hz to prevent over excursion at the lower frequencies. Port air speed is an issue, two 4 inch flared ports need to be 53.5 inches long. Options are a slot port, or two of the new passive radiators from CSS. They are tunable from the outside and make it easy to change tuning frequencies.

ED 130v.2.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mike, I will go with the slot port more than likely. Are slot ports all std or is the length an issue also, I have never built a sloted sub so it will be all new to me.

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
A slot port with inside measurements of 8" wide by 2.5" high and 41" long will tune to 19 hz with a maximum air speed of 25 m/s with 600 watts input power. You'll have to add the displacement of the port and sub to find the total internal volume you'll need. Remember to add the thickness of the building material to the port dimensions to calculate its displacement.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again Mike, as usual you are the man....:hail::T

1 - 6 of 6 Posts