Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might have remembered my dual 18" Sound Splinter RL-P LLT build thread as seen here. Well, I sold the RL's and just bought/received 4 Fi IB 18's! BTW Thanks Scott!

Something about 2400 watts and 29 liters of displacement just drew me in:dumbcrazy:. Anyways, as promised I am starting a new build thread. I already bought the wood, primer, glue, paint, etc., basically all the supplies I need. I should start actual construction Monday. :spend:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a quick rundown:

4 Fi IB 18's powered by a Crown Audio CE4000. The room is 21' X 15' X ~14' (averaged -vaulted ceiling). Currently, we set the Pio 6010 in the middle of the wall lengthwise (until I figure out how to mount it in the rock fireplace).

The manifold will be located dead center above the TV about 12 ft high. The rear of the room (right of the TV and manifold) is non-existent. It is fully open to the kitchen and breakfast nook. I don't have any EQ of high pass yet and won't until I run a few sweeps.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's a lot of woffage! It will ne interesting to hear your impression of the IB compared to the LLT since you've had both.
The LLT never got built. I bought the plasma and am going to setup the room a little different so dual LLT's would not fit in the picture.

is that a car audio sub you have been using? HAHA, people are going to think a bomb is going off in your house.

I may have missed it but what amp are you planning on using?
The car subs are from my wifes car and are just temporary to make sure the amp, receiver, etc are good to go. As for the amp I listed the monster above. It's a Crown CE4000.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well, unfortunately I won’t have time to cut today. Maybe it will happen Thursday. Anyways, the other day I noticed an error in my measurements and fixed that. I also finished the cut sheet this morning. I have included pics of both.

Last Revision:

Cut Sheet:

H

·
0 Posts
GOOD GRIEF! :dizzy: I'll have to agree with :hsd:

Sweet!

my wife would get very upset I think :hissyfit:

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Dave, you've got some serious displacement ready there! And thanks for all the pics by the way. You've got a big room, but I don't think you'll have any problems filling it. So where is the manifold going to be mounted?

PS, if that glass is tempered you should be fine! Was there a rating that came with the stand that will tell you how much it can hold?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GOOD GRIEF! :dizzy: I'll have to agree with :hsd:

Sweet!

my wife would get very upset I think :hissyfit:
Hehe...my wife ust shakes her head. Give me a few days and her whole body will shake!

Dave, you've got some serious displacement ready there! And thanks for all the pics by the way. You've got a big room, but I don't think you'll have any problems filling it. So where is the manifold going to be mounted?

PS, if that glass is tempered you should be fine! Was there a rating that came with the stand that will tell you how much it can hold?
Yes it is tempered and supposedly will cover the weight of the Pio but it's just temporary until I mount it. There was a thread actually on AVSForums where a members Panny shot through his tempered glass stand sending glass shards everywhere. Don't want any of that action. If there is even a small flaw in tempered glass it dramatically reduces it's strength. Other than that tempered is REALLY strong.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
****...it's not going to be an issue if my opening is 2,980.64 sq cm is it? My opening is 11" by 42". The drivers total about 4900 sq cm. I could add 2" to the height or increase the width by 1.5" if needed. Thoughts? I am looking to make the cuts tomorrow hopefully.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts