Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Well, I received my EMM-6 yesterday and had time to play with REW today and golly if I didn't actually get it to work first try. But ..... When I got the mic I was given a web address to download the cal file for it, but it's just a bunch of numbers in Notepad (.txt file) How do use this in REW? And where? For fun I've attached my first mdat file View attachment Apr 3 22_29_38.mdat as well as the .txt file. View attachment 7705.txt

Anyone want to take a run at telling me what it all means?

Thanks
Dave

·
REW Author
6,711 Posts
You load the file by pointing REW to it on the Mic/Meter tab of the preferences, it will be automatically loaded whenever you start REW after that. You can apply the file to existing measurements by using the Change Cal... button on the measurement panel. The measurement itself looks fine, though the distortion rises rapidly below 40 Hz.

Here are a few guides on measurement and interpretation:

MiniDSP loudspeaker measurement article using REW and UMIK-1,
Realtraps Room Measuring Series,
Bass integration guide,
Quickstart guide to bass measurements.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx ever so much John.

I had downloaded the .txt file to my man-cave computer which I am reading instructions from and surfing the various forums - I have REW on a laptop that I use as a DAW also. When I put the .txt file into my laptop there were no problems.

What a great tool this is! You are brilliant in both your expertise and willingness to share it!

Regards
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts