Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did you spring for one of those eBay filters? I didn't as I thought the price was too steep. I'm patient enough to wait. :T
No, I didn't buy from ebay, but am able to get one from Leslie. After all the 10 filters at AVS were spoken for, I still contacted Leslie to buy one in case someone dropped off. I was the first one to PM him after 10. Luckily someone from original 10 backed off and I ended up getting one. :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I emailed Epson and linked to this thread on the one on another forum, the cine4home review, a retailer in Germany selling the LPE model, and the ebay auctions to show high demand for the filter. I've received a reply, the email has been forwarded to the 5020/6020 group for consideration. Hopefully, I'll hear something back sometime. Cross your fingers!

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
ummm... Interesting!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I've played around with the LPE filter and a 125 point calibration with a Lumagen video processor. Long story short, the Lumagen doesn't need the LPE filter to make Dynamic usable. In fact, the Lumagen turns Dynamic into an extremely color accurate mode. The LPE filter should not be used with the lumagen's 125 point autocal as it only detracts from the result.

Does this mean the LPE filter isn't needed? Of course not. The Lumagen carrys a hefty price tag as does the software needed to do the 125 point autocal. If you can afford it, the Lumagen turns the Epson picture into a stunning display. Roughly 1200 lumens in ECO Dynamic, 1000 in ECO Living Room. Well worth the price of admission if that kind of expenditure is available. The picture is dramatically better than even THX mode without the Lumagen. On the other hand, if you don't want to, or can't, spend a couple of grand on software, meter and VP, the LPE filter provides a very nice picture at a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I'm selling my LPE filter. Since I now have a Lumagen Radiance video processor, I no longer need it. I have two family members who have filters as well, and they're pretty excited about the Lumagen. If spouse approval is forthcoming, they may get a Lumagen and sell their filter through me on ebay as well. I wouldn't count on that spouse approval if I were you though... :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if selling links are OK? Mods, please feel free to delete the following link if it breaks any rules. Interested parties, if you search ebay for "Epson Light Power" you'll find the auction, assuming that the mods delete this link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/EPSON-LIGHT-POWER-EDITION-FILTER-for-5010-6010-5020-6020-Projectors-/161074285436?pt=US_Projector_Lamps_Components&hash=item2580c68b7c

61 - 67 of 67 Posts