Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, with the worlds economy the way it is, people starving, kids right in our schools who dont even get a lunch because their parents are so broke and people like myself who work a good job who are just able to pay the bills, put food on our plates and a roof over our head. The entire professional sports industry is a disgrace and a big turn off. Quibbling over six figure wages in my opinion is ridiculous. Get a life people!
What is wrong with this picture.

rant over LOL

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
It is plain and simple greed.

Greed in the sports world, greed in politics, and greed in the business world.

How much money can the sports person, celebrity, politician, CEO can make while on this earth.

Plain and simple..

It is the only drawback of a pure capitalistic driven economy which goes by one thing --> the accumulation of wealth. (how much more can I get).

Same concept in business. Company X is making billions but have to layoff thousands because it didn't make billions+$1 more..

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The old saying "for the love of the game" does not apply anymore. Its defiantly for the love of money thats for sure.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Yep, that pretty much sums it up for me too. I don't get into the pro sports scene because the cost is passed onto the fan. I'm sorry, but I can't afford to pay that kind of money to go to a game. And then you hear your favorite player is suspended for doping...I mean, not only are the fakes, they are cheaters!

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
The NHL lockout has been insane in my opinion.

There was a charity event locally - and nobody wanted to donate even $1 for a team signed photo and pennant of our local team.

Regardless of why the lockouts occur, they hurt thousands of secondary (non players) people who rely on the games for jobs!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts