Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys, time to get your game face on !

So who do you like & who are you rooting for? Me personally, I bleed Garnet & Gold! And we have the potential to have another stellar year. We open with Ole Miss September 5th in Orlando at Camping World Stadium. We are starting a true Freshman @ Quarterback. He is already being compared to famous Jamous! We will see how he handles the real pressure in Orlando. Our defensive line is also touted to be one of the best as is our secondary. It's all hype for now, 11 days and counting...Wooo Hooooo!!!

Insert Seminole Smiley doing the Chop here:

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
6 more days!!! I can't hardly stand it!!!

And to think next year, we open with Alabama.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
I **wish** I could talk smack about football...but it's been pretty bleak in College Park during the last 35+ years... a few nice years during the Ralph Fridgen era (not to mention some great college/NFL players)... but...:whistling:

I didn't go to MD, but have been going to games with my father since 1985. I like to keep tickets stubs...and at one point had counted something along the lines of 110 or 120 games attended. Still root for MD...and make it to a few games a year with him. Some really great father/son time... sprinkled with a few moments of good football. ;-)

New coach this year and a team that is severely undersized for Big 10 competition. But... you never know what surprises are in store!

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
And... Quenten... I share you love of College football. It's right there with college hoops (just below MLB baseball) in my little sports world brain!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Not really sure what to expect out of Mizzou this year? New coach, star players booted, and a change in offensive scheme. It shouldn't be too hard on improvement over last year but we'll see. Barry Odom (HC) wasn't a sexy hire but he's old school and is Mizzou through and through. I'm ready for some old fashion smash mouth football!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Anybody think USC has a chance at upsetting Bama? I'm just hoping for a good game. Where is Sonnie? :foottap:

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I watched parts of it at work. They did have some great plays. They look for real to me...not Alabama real, but pretty good. People will have to bring their lunch when they play them!

Alabama just looked stellar. They look good enough to go all the way.

FSU tomorrow @ 20:00. We will get to see what our true Freshman QB can handle. I expect Jimbo to play the run game pretty strong and add in the passing game as he warms up (or not). He seems pretty cool in practice & has a great arm, good reads, still lots to learn. It is just impossible to replicate the speed/tempo of a real game in practice. Winston handled it ok (redshirted 1st year) & they are hinting he is a lot like him. We will see tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
We've got us a good one tonight fellas! I know one particular member who must be ready. :whistling:

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
MLB... College Football... NFL. What a great time of the year!

(Side note: went to Camden and saw the O's lose in person again. That's 4 loses in a row when I've been present. Starting to think I should stay home!). Big win for the good guys today. Hope they roll through Tampa... Have to win those kind of games

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, what a come back! It wasn't pretty, but it doesn't have to be. For a true Freshman...I'm impressed.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
That QB is gonna be GOOD! Started off a bit shaky but sheesh did he grow up fast. Another stud QB means Florida St is going to be in the mix here in the future. Another great coaching job for Jimbo.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey guys, it's game day again!!! Man do I love college football!

So who are you guys playing and rooting for. I guess you guys know I pulling for Charleston Southern....NOT!!! All my friends are calling them a high school team. Granted they are not considered to be in the same league, but if it's one thing I've learned, you can never take any team for granted. This is their bowl game, I fully expect them to bring their A game & play for 4 quarters. If we come out strong, Jimbo should to go to the back ups pretty quick (half time/early third). He has never been one to pile on. We have struggled with such teams in the past. Much more parity now days.

Insert Seminole smiley doing the chop here:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts