Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Agreed, Louisville next weekend @ noon. That will be a good test judging from our inconsistent play. Our offensive line has not lived up to the hype. In my opinion they have done a poor job of opening holes for Dalvin Cook, as well as protecting Francois in the pocket. We got lucky with Ole Miss, I'm afraid luck is a risky thing to depend on against quality opponents. And our defense has proven to be very porous up the middle with the deep ball. And the ease that CSU was able to run the ball against us...they had little problem getting the edge with their option game. I can only imagine how we will struggle with Georgia Techs honed option attack. I think we have a lot of growing yet to do. We will see...one week at a time!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Mizzou vs. Georgia in a dogfight! Great game if anyone is looking for some hard nosed SEC football! GO MIZZOU!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
My hats off to Louisville, they come to play & dominated in every aspect of the game. Exposed is the offensive line (struggling to block +poor pass blocking). Special teams (almost 2 punt return touchdowns). And the defense, porous on the run & weak on those "up the middle" passes.

What surprises me is Coach Trickett. He is supposed to be one of the best offensive line coaches around! But he has had several years coaching with highly rated recruits...and this is what we do! Our receivers are very good...Francois just never had enough time in the pocket...combined with not being able to get open.

Like I said, "exposed!"

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
NC vs Florida St was a nail biter. I can't believe he made that field goal! Florida St is in a funk right now but I think they'll improve as the season progresses. Sorry Quenten.....

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
I just got back from MD, where the Terps beat Purdue 50-7.

Not really sure what to make of that... maybe Maryland is turning a corner. They really had nowhere to go but up

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
We've had season tix in the family for years... I've been to roughly 135 football games at MD. Not a MD grad, but they're the best show in the state and we've always gone. Few good years here and there (particularly early to mid 1980s and the early to mid 2000s)... and a lot of - how should I say - not so good years? ;-)

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Congrads on the Victory Todd! Maryland really pored on the beat down. It's nice to see a team come together. With the parity in C Ball now days. That's what it comes down to, how well you can play as a team.

I just wish FSU could get their act together. This years team is uncharacteristically bad. Another loss today pretty much tells the story. I gotta keep rooting for them though, Miami next weekend. Rivalry game...gotta start getting ready.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
The fun part about college football is that every game matters... unfortunately, that's also the bad part about college football (especially when your team is bound to lose a few games! ;-)

FSU is poised to be great for years to come...

Are you watching this Clemson game? The 'ville is looking shell schocked!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hey Todd, yeah, I was watching...I think LV actually thought they were going to win! I see Clemson in the title game, deservedly so!

And Bama!

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
LV almost won... if that receiver had just charged ahead at the end of the game he probably would have gotten the extra yard needed for a 1st down.

What a shoot out! WOW

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Game time fellows! FSU/UM!!! This is make or break for FSU. Always a wrinkle thrown into the mix...predicting this outcome has never been a given. Time for FSU to rise to the occasion...if it can!

21 - 40 of 73 Posts