Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Will Oregon vs LSU happen? That is gonna be one nasty game if it does... and it might just play in LSU's favor.

EDIT: Ah... just realized it is being played in Texas.

Another interesting game will be the Boise State vs. Georgia.

I am excited, although the Tide has another brutal schedule with five teams having off weeks before they play us. As if playing in the SEC was not bad enough as it is.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I wait to talk smack after we see what LSU looks like tonight. Oregon is not a team to be underestimated. If Lee has actually grown into a decent quarterback, there is enough depth and talent on that team to go a long way.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's looking pretty good for the Tigers. Oregon just does not seem to have the depth... nor the defense.

Boise State handed it to Georgia... which I thought would be closer.

Wow... Utah State almost handed it to the National Champs.

Of course the Tide rolled... what else would we have expected.

Florida cruised on in... South Carolina finally figured it out and laid it out. No real major surprises in the SEC.

Baylor looked impressive against TCU, even though it was a last minute win.

South Florida beat Notre Dame, but that does not really surprise me.

The winners scored a LOT of points today.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Well, the PACxx (who knows how many teams they will end up with) wanted some SEC action and got it...:D I think we will see some great games this year.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's been a bit and we are beginning to see some things develop over the first half of the season now.

One thing that surprises me is we have 13 teams undefeated in the AP top 25:

Those top 8 teams also look VERY good. Of course this will obviously change over the next few weeks when a few of these teams play each other.

What probably surprises me most is that we only have five SEC teams in the top 25.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
It may be time to cut the number of conference games so that the teams do not just beat each other up so much. TAMU is looking up. They had better to survive the SEC. I would love to see more interconference matchups. What about dropping two SEC games and making them games from two of the other major conferences.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That would definitely be a good idea, but I wonder if it will ever happen. Actually this year, it ain't such a big deal really. The only two SEC teams that have shown up is Bama and LSU. This might be one of the weakest seasons yet for the SEC overall.

And then there were 10... three of the undefeated teams lost yesterday.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Actually, I think it looks that way because the Tigers and Tide are so much better than the rest. I don't think any of the other contenders can play with either of them. Maybe Oklahoma, but I think that the game between LSU & Bama will be the real championship game. My feeling at this point, though it is painful to say, is that Bama is the more balanced and consistent team. But I won't bet against the Mad Hatter!

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
How about a friendly challenge. We each by a team jersey for the Tide and Tigers. The loser of that game has to wear the other's jersey for the rest of the football season, and post a picture on the forum.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Been a while since I've been able to say much about the Utes, but they did put a smack down on Pitt! And the Aggies did look pretty good against Auburn but the season, so far, has been a bit of a disappointment. As has the Weber State season. Does not look like I'll be doin' much smack talkin' this year :)

Then again, my favorite neighbor (Boise State) is still looking very good :T

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
We would welcome Boise State into the SEC. It is too bad they are so far away because it would be great to see what they are really made of.

I just realized that we are going back to Baton Rouge for Thanksgiving. That makes losing the challenge that I offered Sonnie a little more of a risk than I originally realized. A tiger fan wearing Bama colors in Gainesville is one thing, but in Baton Rouge, I might be burned at the stake.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah... that is too much of a risk for me as well. Wearing an LSU shirt around here... especially if they beat Bama... would mean I would have to dodge some bullets, knives, rocks,... no telling what else. Besides all my family telling me I was stupid for taking the challenge.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
You can just shave your head when they lose.:D

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We still have 8 undefeated teams... not too bad for this time of the year.

I was shocked at how ole Tubby at Texas Tech was able to get his team fired up enough to outscore Oklahoma. I really thought OK had a much better defense... which makes me wonder just how good the Bama or LSU defense would stand up to the fire power of a quick scoring TT or OK. Those guys can flat put up some points super quickly.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts