Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've always thought the consensus was to clear it if you experience trouble loading certain discs, etc. otherwise, do as you like. Maybe clear it ocasionally. That's what I've done.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I don't think clearing it out actually does anything bad, at least I don't remember reading any posts etc. mentioning that. I clear mine out ocasionally, and for no good reason...

I don't know EXACTLY what it is for, but I think it's for things like loading blu-ray menus/BD-Live stuff/maybe bookmarks/etc. I think I remember there was an issue where trying to play certain discs back-to-back would cause the player not to be able to load the second one. Clearing the storage was needed to fix that, until a firmware update was issued.

There's also a known issue with the BDP-83's loader, they've had a bunch of them go bad and have replaced them. Mine hasn't been replaced yet, but I may have signs of the problem. Once in a while the tray won't open, or the player won't read a disc. It says 'unknown' or something like that. Powering off for a while seems to work.

·
Registered
151 Posts
When you have those freezes does clearing the storage do anything for you? Or does the problem disc load fine after powering off/on? Just curious...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts