Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

OPPO is sporting quite a bit of product diversity these days, ranging from Blu-ray players and headphones to headphone amps and a slick new Wi-Fi speaker. The company officially launched its first non-disc player offerings two years ago with the introduction of the PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone ($1,099) and HA-1 Headphone Amplifier ($1199). Soon there after, it released a second Planar Magnetic Headphone, the PM-2, which promised PM-1-like performance at a more affordable price. Currently selling for $699, the PM-2 has sufficiently solidified itself as a great option for the cost-minded enthusiast looking for access to premium sound. Today, we’ll take a second look at the PM-2 with a quick performance review.

Click here to read the full review!​

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Hey Todd, excellent review! Makes me want to win the giveaway even more. Since I get the feeling that someone will win these things besides me, why not just send them to me & I'll take good care of them until the giveaway is done!!!

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I hope it helps sweeten this Giveaway... They are truly phenomenal headphones! Your chance of winning is just as good as everyone else's... So they might fall into your hands after all! :)

·
Registered
868 Posts
Good review Todd. Sounds like a nice piece. I personally don't listen via headphones enough to justify the cost, but if I did listen that way a lot I would be very interested in these, particularly since it sounds like they are easy-going enough in the high end to not be fatiguing. I like a crisp sound, but I don't want my ears to hurt after an hour of listening either.

It would be pretty sweet to win these though, I have to say :)

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Bryan... I generally agree with you. My personal preference is to go with speakers and not headphones. But...these are the kind of headphones that might change your opinion. They're fantastic. Really no other way to put it. ;-)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I just thought I'd chime in. Finally got around to reading the review. I love hearing about Oppo products, specifically when they make new products. While the Oppo headphones are not necessarily new to the market anymore, they still consistently impress me.

I've owned my pair of PM-1 right when they were first released two years ago in April. I've used them mostly every day since then and they still can bring a smile to my face.

Just like you mentioned, Todd - the word fatigue never enters my mind when I listen to these headphones. I end up using mine for a lot for watching late night movies, watching TV shows, playing games, along with the regular music listening sessions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had the Oppo 103D player for a couple weeks and am very impressed with its quality and feature set. Oppo is a serious contender in the world of high quality, high resolution audio. I do use the best headphones of Bose and while they are decent for smooth jazz, they are not too good wrt classical music. I'd love to win the PM-2 phones but if I don't I will buy the PM-3 version. I have had electrostatic speakers for about three weeks and am now very spoiled wrt to the coherent sound. My Bose headphones just don't cut the mustard anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts