3,374 Posts
Too cloudy here to see anything last night.:no: Maybe tonight...:clap:

·
Banned
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too cloudy here to see anything last night.:no: Maybe tonight...:clap:
Same deal here is there some kinder of higher power at work here?:hissyfit:
Cloud coverage overcast looks to be 3.000 to 4.000 thousand feet, with some parting in the clouds. I’d say there is very slim chance it would get better before 9.00pm.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
The best viewing time for me is midnight tonight so maybe the clouds will be gone by then...:yes:

·
Banned
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL you sound optimistic. Just viewed the outlook from outside and its the same as it was 4 hours ago. I don’t see a clear possibility where I am. more chances of thunderstorm than seeing a meteor storm.

·
Banned
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of other nature’s awesomeness called (clouds) really…well I hope it continues to rain all day long because I don’t care. When it comes to astronomy it always clouds-up always.:gah::explode::foottap:

I guess I’ll have to wait till the next one comes around.

The last time I saw meteor shower was around (1979 early 1980) I think? It was really clear night with the moon located around South in the sky, when all, of sudden these falling small pieces of fragments started to fan outwards from underneath or how it appeared that was from the moon a wonderful shower of meteorites.:unbelievable:

The whole show lasted for about less then minute. I and my friend thought it was the best thing we’ve seen and was excited about it for many years.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
No stars for me.....:no: Well maybe next time. I haven't seen the shower since I was a kid and it was pretty awesome. I do see the space station and shuttle every once in awhile and that is pretty cool.

·
Banned
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can also see that from your location. Same here also there’s the NASA satellite tracking. It shows times dates.
http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/

I’ve seen the Shuttle trailing behind the ISS just hours after launch later in the evening. It was on the same coarse heading as the ISS in an attempt to catch up for dock which normally takes 2-3 days.

It’s odd thou rather strange now that its clear skies. Anyway going to take out the rubbish and have look at outer space time and beyond.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I saw the same thing during the last flight. The ISS was about 1.5 minutes ahead of the shuttle. Thanks for the link on the satellites.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts