Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Peter, that was really cool. I'm gonna go through the other links later. I've always wanted to be part of the movie making process, and that just makes me want to even more. Good post.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Yeah Peter, I do see the clipping you mentioned. I can't tell from the image,which effects they are. I do think some elements are intentionally clipped. A rocket, or space shuttle for example. I agree, they would sound distorted at any volume. Whether that's the goal? Who knows. One reason I saw, was those kinds of sounds "clip" our hearing, so it naturally translates when doing those effects. Can't say for sure, but it makes sense.
Charlie, I have seen those shows too(nerd), and even as crazy as it could get, I think either side of the camera would be fun. I'm a nerd fan of Andy Serkis too. The motion capture stuff he's done is awesome (gollum, King Kong, Cesar etc). It would be a blast. Central MN hasn't many opportunities, lol.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Indeed it does. Just occurred to me. It couldn't possibly go smoothly with all those guys/gals involved. My wife and I can't even agree on the simple volume level! Lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts