Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 410 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks for the concern regarding the dog. I am sure she will be fine and should heal up ok. Sorry to hear about your dog, I really do understand them being members of the family.

YouTube - sani and her boomer ball

Edit: Not a flip pic as such rather a video. This is our girl playing with her boomer ball, and yes she really does make that noise!!! (Thought this would be vol 2)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Re: The SWAMP! - Volume One

And in all this you managed to get the first post of the new volume. We should name the new swamp volume after either Fins dog or Mikes dog. And I believe we need a magnanamouse flip pic for the first post Fin.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

(Thought this would be vol 2)
I think it will be, I am guessing Sonnie will move it all around when he wakes up.

How do you post movies on you tube, Is there some sort of software you use to get the video onto your computer first?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The video is off my phone, Nokia N95, transfer the video to laptop, open a Youtube account and then upload the video. Uploading takes a long time as Youtube also convert the video to a suitable format, also lose quite a bit quality wise.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Volume Two of the SWAMP! (Shackster's Weird And Mysterious Posts)... named by our very own Fincave!

*** And who else is fitting enough to crank of Volume Two other than the very one who named it... congrats Fincave on the Volume Two FLIP :T :T :T

Here we will talk pretty much about nothing... or anything you like. Just say hello, good moaning (or morning), goodnight, or whatever floats your boat. The idea is to get to know each other and see just how good a friends we can become.

Of course it wouldn't be fun without a few rules, huh?

Rule number one: There are no rules!

Okay... standard forum rules apply... no cursing, swearing, sexual innuendo, etc.

EDIT: The consensus is we've decided to add a few rules.

There are to be NO NEW THREADS other than SWAMP threads in the SWAMP forum. We will start a new thread after each 100 pages of posts.

FLIP RULE: Beginning in February 2007 there will be a new flip rule enforced. There are 25 posts per page using the default forum post view setting. If you manage to get the first post of a new page (hence, when the page flips, hence "flip post"), you are required to post an image other than a smilie. Obviously an image within the forum rules guidelines. If you do not post a flip image within 24 hours of your post, your post may be deleted and given to the next poster. You may not post more than 3 consecutive post on the previous page in order to get to the flip post. In other words, you can not run out the post from post #22 to #25 just to get #1 on the following page. You may however post from #23 forward. When you are running for the flip, watch out for snipers. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Good morning all.

I must say, I have never seen so much activitiy in the swamp over a weekend as just now.

So whats everyone upo to this weekend?

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I am watching the Alabama (currently #1) vs. LSU (defending National Champs) football game right now.

We are struggling (Bama)... but so is LSU. 14-14 tie right now in the 3rd quarter. Lots of turnovers and mistakes.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Evening all!

Just got in from work and had to have a peak into the Swamp. Need to get some food in me and then maybe things will be a bit more positive, am absolutely starving!

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
We definitely would not want you to starve, then you would not be alive. :yikes:

Bama pulled it out in overtime... 27-21 ... what a mistake plagued game it was. I still can't believe we are 10-0.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
So I am guessing Bama won?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Morning all!

Tough weekend at work and still two more days to go before my 'weekend' starts. Am currently looking to upgrade my receiver and have received a few quotes, not sure which I will go for in the end. I can get the Onkyo 706 or the 805, both new for the same money. May well go for the 805 even if it is a slightly older model.

The dog is doing fine, swelling has gone down a lot. She also met up with her sister yesterday and no squabbles at all which is a good thing. May make a trip to her breeder this week as she wants to train her a little bit for the show ring. She has been shown a few times and done well, she just does not move very well. Want to see the breeder as well as am planning on getting a boy next year.

Hope everyone is keeping well and healthy!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
keeping fine. Glad to hear all is well with the dog and so on.

I have just started recording in my studio and have realised that I need mopre treatment. This was not actually a revalation as I always new I had to do it to get the results I want, But I really am not in the mood to go throught the motions measure, intsall, test, adjust, measure, test, repeat. I am in a tight one because there is a fair bit of mid/high I need to stop without messing up the low end response. I don't want to diffuse the highs, I want to stop them, so I am researching madly.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Tuesday morning, crazy busy at work, so I came in early to read the SWAMP... :p

Have to exhange my new projector, it's got some optic issues and some colour wheel bug. That's a bummer, but thankfully it sits on a shelf so it's easy to move and get back in the same spot.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Yup... Tuesday morning here too. Bright and early! :sunshine:

Bummer on the pj Mav.

Hey doc... talk with bpape in Home Audio Acoustics... I bet he can tell you exactly what you need, but like goon says, sounds like you need to thicken up the walls. There are probably better materials to choose from, which Bryan should know about.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good morning from a very tired Fincave! Coffee just does not seem to be doing the trick at the moment. I ended up buying a new receiver, the Onkyo 805 which I got for a reasonable price, also bought a PS3 finally, yet to connect them up but have at least started. Unfortunately will not have much time to play with the new toys as I received an email on Monday evening that has turned my little world upside down.

I have been planning on getting a male staffy (dog) for quite a while with the intention of possibly bringing him home next year March at the earliest. The email I received on Monday was titled 'Male white puppy looking for a home' and was from the breeder of our female staffy. Needless to say I am thrilled but in a bit of a panic as well. Need to get my apartment puppy proof and quickly. My lounge at the moment is just a mess of cables and boxes, just the things that a puppy would love to get its teeth into. I get to pick him up this afternoon so I suppose I better go and do some more connecting and setting up before heading off to the petstore to pick up some things.

1 - 20 of 410 Posts