Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

281 - 300 of 410 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
It will have to be certified and from a reputable company before I do. We are actually waiting to see if one of the places we have looked at will have a sale. She is in no big hurry and she doesn't want to spend more than needed. I have to say that overall she is very conscious about spending, unlike me. :spend:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
It will have to be certified and from a reputable company before I do. We are actually waiting to see if one of the places we have looked at will have a sale. She is in no big hurry and she doesn't want to spend more than needed. I have to say that overall she is very conscious about spending, unlike me. :spend:
I think I married the polar opposite of your wife.. :wits-end::spend::sob:

Other than that, I VERY glad this last tax season is over. Brutal is the word.

Jacen

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Congratulations on the upcoming anniversary!! Not too sure if I would buy a ring online, I am rather sceptical of most things though.
+1 on shopping online for jewelry. I would go to a store where they can offer insurance on it and you know it's orgin. It can be costly to repair or replace them if something should happen so it is something you may want to consider. They can also size it at the store if need be. Congrats Sonnie!

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
She ended up being very reasonable about it... and we did go to the local store. We also purchased the insurance as well. :T

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
It is actually on one carat... and we also got about 35% off after wheeling and dealing. We caught them right at closing time and they had to unlock the door to let us out. :bigsmile:

Guys... this HT room is whooping me big time. :thud:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I visited my grandmother and visited my folks place. While I was there I downloaded and watched a ton of HD trailers from Apple.com. I picked up a half dozen classic DVD's (including The Fifth Element and Black Hawk Down) also while I was in town. I think it is close if not time to adjust settings on my new projector again. I did some adjustments and I have to say it's still looking better than anything that I have seen yet. I hope all is well for everyone. Looking forward to the warmer weather just around the corner.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Well... things are coming along with the HT room. The carpet should be finished up tomorrow, the recliners will be delivered on Tuesday and I will start hooking things up this week I hope. It will take some time to get things adjusted though.

It has been a long hard dose of work to get this thing ready. :sweat:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Happy anniversary Sonny. That is a very nice ring. She must love it. If there is anything else you need for your HTR now is the time to ask while she is busy looking at her new ring.....:devil:

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Yeah... really... not much she will say "no" to right now. lol

Actually, I think I am all bought out with this HT room... other than maybe a few Blu-ray disc, which I ain't crazy about spending the money on.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hey there slayer... where ya been hiding?

Man... have we been slack in the SWAMP! We gotta get back in the swing of things. Now that I finally finished the HT room, I should have no excuse now. :whistling:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey there slayer... where ya been hiding?

Man... have we been slack in the SWAMP! We gotta get back in the swing of things. Now that I finally finished the HT room, I should have no excuse now. :whistling:
You may remember,last year me starting a thread over DYI SUB,and i was laid off from my job before i could even start the project,with all the bills and the mortgage i had to cut back on luxuries like the internet until i got on my feet....and now im back...

did you post pics of that build ?:scratchhead:

281 - 300 of 410 Posts