Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 60 of 410 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I am hopeful as well. 53% of the U.S. population voted for him because he promised hope. He will either have to show us some positive results or he will only have four years of White House living.
Its easy to promise something that is always there. You can have hope even when everything has failed. Now if he promised a positive outcome for the economy, that would be something to vote for.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Probably so...

I am fairly certain they were voting for the hope of a promised turn around in the economy. He'll get about 3 years to prove himself... if it's turned around and headed in the right direction when the next campaigning starts, he'll probably get another term.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
good luck to him, the American economy is a lot more stuffed than ours at the moment (bigger = bigger loses) there are predictions here of it getting a bit worse yet and then at least two years before we get back to were we are now before we can even consider there being an improvement. Which to me means invester confidence won't come back for sometime. I hope I am wrong but as our economy follows general world trends we export heavily to the US and Europe whilst we import from asia our income depends on the U$ and euro$ and our cost of living is semi-dependent on tawian, china, maylasia etc having a good economy.

On a happier note, I still have a job. As I work in a field were I build a luxury vehical that nobody needs, this is very good luck. :praying: <- more to the point.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Yeah... it don't sound so good, that is for sure. I cannot remember the last time our financial market plummeted like it has in this last year... and there appears to be zero confidence here.

12 months:

6 months:

A

·
0 Posts
Its easy to promise something that is always there. You can have hope even when everything has failed. Now if he promised a positive outcome for the economy, that would be something to vote for.
I voted for him, but be that as it may, as soon as it was clear who won my mind naturally turned around putting him under the most severe scrutiny. I've been watching his every move looking for signs of that "Ahhhhh" kick your leggs up and do nothing phenom. Favorably, he's been doing summits and conferences with long tables full of old dudes and just generally keeping up with that energy that made me vote for him. So far so good - i mean look at dubya. Perhaps it's the last 4 years that make him look so extra discolored but he did literally nothing. Ever. Summits? Yeah. With Cheyne over some Guitar Hero and scotch :help: :duh:

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Really... that is the bright side of things for now. It is running about $1.87/gal. around here today... not that bad at all.

I will say I agree with you Alex... Bush did not do squat his last four years. At least nothing that I could see. Since his last term started... the stock market crashed and gas set an all time record high along with an increase in everything that hits our pocket book the most... especially groceries.

Today was not a good day for Obama in the eyes of many though. He seems to be bringing in many of the former Clinton aids. :thud:

·
Elite Shackster
1,506 Posts
Personally, there's a lot to get excited about right now. If a person couldn't afford to buy into stock, they might be able to now, and when the market recovers they'll be sitting nicely. Home values have finally stopped rocketing upward giving people like me hope that we might be able to afford one on a middle class salary someday. Airlines have a chance to hedge a bunch of fuel and give them a better chance of survival for the next few years. And hopefully, our economy and industry leaders learn something from this whole shenanigans to keep our economy more stable (and realistic) in the future.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Thxgoon, that's probably one of the most positive statments about the economy I've heard in a while that isn't founded on false hope, exageration or misleading information. I would only be worried about buying cheap stock now if I couldn't afford to lose whtever money I put into it.

I just pity self funded retiree's right now. For some reason the financial institutions over here are causing a great deal of grief for them.

EDIT: flip pic:heres my studio in its semi-clean state.

studio.jpg

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Yeah... I did not remember you being such a artist of variety. Let's hear something... :dontknow:

Neato... looks like this is one of those that updates during the day. We can follow it.

I would be a little skiddish on investing right now as well. It seems like it would have no choice but to recover, but I wonder how long it will be and will it continue to take a hit as it has been doing. Scary. Of course I do not invest in the stock market anyway... always felt like it was the equivalent to gambling. :huh:

A

·
0 Posts
Really... that is the bright side of things for now. It is running about $1.87/gal. around here today... not that bad at all.

I will say I agree with you Alex... Bush did not do squat his last four years. At least nothing that I could see. Since his last term started... the stock market crashed and gas set an all time record high along with an increase in everything that hits our pocket book the most... especially groceries.

Today was not a good day for Obama in the eyes of many though. He seems to be bringing in many of the former Clinton aids. :thud:
It was about $1.47/g around here when "he" started :hissyfit:

Here in So Cal I had to pay as high as 4.90+/g with isolated instances of over 5; It felt SO good to fill up for $25 again yesterday... :yay:

I haven't been paying attention to Obama's cabinet picks, or anything else for the past few days as I'm busy tearing the old skanky carpet out of my new house and doing other renovations. I trust him but now I'm curious. As for opportunity, I got this house for $310 from people who paid $535 in 04. After the nightmares of a 'shortsale' it's finally mine and it's my first place. I couldn't have done this for half a million, nor would I want to (it's not THAT nice. Just San Diego :duh:) but when this bubble finally burst it let people like me get their first house for what it really ought to cost and taught everyone else a very important lesson.

You can't expect an already overpriced house to go to a million, refinance 3 times and buy 2 new SUVs and 7 jetskis when you have a modest income. I don't know if this is more important to the ignorant consumers or the overzealous loan officers either. I worked for a loan/refi company before all this stuff went down the tubes - I KNOW we would push it through by any means necessary to get the check at the end.. the bigger the loan the bigger the check to top it off so people were encouraged to borrow as much as the lender would approve.:hide:

Alcohol sales are up on the other hand... i know I've been helping them myself - should have got some shares of JD :rofl2:

Ps. I LOVE all the smileys here. I want to use them all....

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
You can certainly use them all if you want to... :huh:

:nerd: :coocoo: :dumbcrazy: :bigsmile: :unbelievable: :hissyfit: :foottap: :daydream: :wits-end: :sneeky: :mooooh: :crying: :whistling: :R :heehee: :time-out: :no: :sweat: :teeth: :neener: :waiting: :yikes: :sarcastic: :rofl2: :hush: :devil: :whew: :boxer: :innocent: :thumbsdown: :dunno: :sad: :clap: :rolleyesno: :sick: :yay: :T :shh: :thud: :joke: :1eye: :sob: :yes: :wave: :gulp: :eek: :rofl: :rant: :demon: :rubeyes: :gah: :praying: :jiggy: :doh: :hide: :sad2: :jiggy: :praying: :gah: :rubeyes: :demon: :rant: :rofl: :eek: :gulp: :wave: :yes: :dizzy: :kiss: :help: :duh: :hail: :rolleyes: :snoring: :yawn: :nono: :blink: :dontknow: :hsd: :huh: :scratch: :reading: :spend: :explode: :scratchhead: :sleep: :scared: :meal: :flex: :newspaper: :jump: :ponder: :cunning: :paddle: :surrender:

Well... that ain't all of them... but you get the idea. :dumbcrazy:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I'll try and do something over the next couple of weeks, I have been away and time is tight. This studio is not so much for recording me but for recording friends. I love a challenge and putting together a home studio for less than $2000 sounded like a good challenge.

:nerd::coocoo::bigsmile::unbelievable::hissyfit::daydream::foottap::sneeky::wits-end::mooooh:
Is that enough? :scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
:thumbsdown::dunno::hide::jiggy::praying:

Is that better?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Attack of the smileys seems to be going on in the Swamp!

Boy this puppy is keeping me busy, not a dull moment ever! Thankfully he does sleep some of the time but nowhere near enough. He is growing and learning, not quite house trained but getting there.

$25 to fill up?? I wish our petrol was that price, the price has now come down but were I to fill up it would cost closer to $75 and my tank is not big, it would only be about 50 litres so roughly 13 US gallons or 11 British gallons. Why can't a gallon just be a gallon, does everyone need their own one?

41 - 60 of 410 Posts