Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

61 - 80 of 410 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Attack of the smileys seems to be going on in the Swamp!

Boy this puppy is keeping me busy, not a dull moment ever! Thankfully he does sleep some of the time but nowhere near enough. He is growing and learning, not quite house trained but getting there.

$25 to fill up?? I wish our petrol was that price, the price has now come down but were I to fill up it would cost closer to $75 and my tank is not big, it would only be about 50 litres so roughly 13 US gallons or 11 British gallons. Why can't a gallon just be a gallon, does everyone need their own one?
If you folk would adopt the sensible and easily integrated metric system then everyone would have the same units. One litre is the same the world around, unlike miles, gallons and who knows what else.

Currently cost A$70 to fill my tank :unbelievable::hissyfit::wits-end::no::dizzy::eek::gah::rant:

On a happier note my kids are in bed :jump::bigsmile::jiggy::T

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Just in case anyone missed it, the most important game of the year occurred this last Saturday.
Of course, that game would be the 111th installment of The Big Game.

I'm happy to announce that The Axe is back in it's rightful hands..

Cal 37, Stanford 16

Carry on and Go Bears!

JCD

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Why do you guys were helmets when you play footy? Doesn't it obstruct the view?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Why do I get the feeling we've had this convo before? :scratch: I think it was in the last volume.

Time to talk about something new. Who believes the peak oil theory?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Well.... There is bound to be a peak in oil production at one point, after which the total yield will decline. I do not believe we have seen this peak yet, though. New territories are being explored, and huge reserves are yet to be extracted.

If alternate energy is found for transportation the total need for oil as fuel will decline of course, but that is a long way off yet.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few years with regard to electric cars and fuel prices. I have a beutiful car that I'd like to keep until it is a classic (or even vintage) but I'm guessing I won't be able to fill it up by that stage. My money is on nano-phosphate battery technology for powering cars in 4 years time. As for peak oil, I doubt we have hit it nor with technology going the way it is that we will ever hit it.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Well, at one point we will have either depleted the reserves or demand will diminish, and by definition we will have had a peak, even a high 'Q' one. :p

I'd love an electric car IF they make them perform as well as a petrol or diesel one. The three main obstacles so far are price, weight and range. Power is no issue. Electric motors are pretty efficient, and have lots of torque, even at higher revs these days, but if you have few enough cells to keep weight reasonable you get very short range. If you want range you get added weight, and compromise performance. Range would be less of an issue if the recharge times were like a petrol car, i.e. a few minutes to full charge.

I do not know how the electric cars of today are regarding crash safety, but I imagine the added weight doesn't help. Also, ruptured cells could potetntially leak dangerous chemicals. Of course a ruptured fueltank is dangerous in itself, but that is a well known and documented hazard.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hey, guys!

Wassup today?

It's friday, and this weekend I've decided to actually finish my home theater! I've been moving stuff atound alot lately, trying to find a better spot for my subwoofers and stuff, but none is better than my original rear placement. I moved them back last night and did the Audyssey dance, and my system was back sounding like it's supposed to. So now I need to move some lamps around a bit and route a few wires to group the lights properly on my remote, and I should be done. The couch needs a replacement, but that's for '09. I've now got the equipment I want, I'm FullHD and ready to rock!

I am in that place where you look at your watch, it says 2.30am on a working night and you just GOTTA listen to another track, or just ONE more episode of Band of Brothers, THEN I'll go to bed. Promise!

I love it! :D

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
G'day all, peak oil is when the amount of oil we are extracting from the ground is at its absolute due to the resources avaliable. That is, because we have extracted more than half the resources avalaible every day there will be less and less avaliable. The theory only holds true if we accurately know how much oil is left in the ground and how much oil the world will use over the coming decades.

I don't hold it to be true, because we don't know what technology or world events will cause a change in natural oil consumption and we still don't know how much oil there is left.

I am planing on doing stuff this weekend. Plenty of stuff actually. and after I have done that stuff, I might do some different stuff. Looks like it will be a good one. :bigsmile:

Yeah, flip pic again. Sorry it took so long to realise:

I thought this was pretty cool:
imageload.jpg

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Oh no, now you have defined stuff as eating, everyone will think I am a pig. :sad:

so Instead of doing stuff this weekend, I have changed my plans. I am now doing things. Yeah, lots of things, followed by more things. And if I get bored with that I might even do someTHING. :yes:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Flip pic???????????????

I actually have the weekend off for a change, may even do some stuffing as am going out to eat on Saturday, not a thing I normally do seeing as though I work as a chef. I also have five more days of work before having nearly four weeks off, time to get a few things sorted, train the puppy a little, may even do some stuff.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
yeah, flip pic!

Flip pic!

Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!

... Ok, I'll take my pills now...

61 - 80 of 410 Posts