Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

81 - 100 of 410 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
It's not morning any more. The day whizzed by, and it's evening. The little guy is headed for bed, and I've got 'Mamma Mia' on BD for the kids. They have been nagging me for it since it hit theatres. So that means an hour and a half of peace and quiet with the wife. :kiss:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
The second tune was much more tame... the treatment no doubt helped.

Got a little bit a Jimmy Hendrix in ya huh? Very good... I especially liked that second one. :T

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Awesome! Now that's a REAL change.

I also love the sound of your guitar, and you play awesome! I hope my wife has picked up on my clues for her to buy me a guitar for christmas. I have never played the guitar before, but I guess it's never too late. My son got a guitar from us for his birthday Nov 22nd, so I thought we'd learn together.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I do like hendrix, so It probably isn't surprising there is a little bit in what I do. I am however ecclectic in the truest sence of the word (everything from baroque classics through abstract musical art to modern day metal). I posted my waterfall in the accoustics forum and Bpape had a few words to say which has rung true with what I have done. I have a few more things I will try now thanks to him. The treatment certainly knocked the decay time down I reckon it must be close to 100ms now.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Awesome! Now that's a REAL change.

I also love the sound of your guitar, and you play awesome! I hope my wife has picked up on my clues for her to buy me a guitar for christmas. I have never played the guitar before, but I guess it's never too late. My son got a guitar from us for his birthday Nov 22nd, so I thought we'd learn together.
Thanks, I hope you do get a guitar. I have found that it doesn't matter how good we are, playing music is very good for stress control and if we play with others it is an excellent way to bond emotionaly that is very unique.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I usually go play Guitar Hero or Rock band for stress relief. I love playing the drums as well, even if I'm at them. :)

I'd love to get a guitar though. A cheap electric one would probaly do. Me and my son could jam together. That'd be cool! 8)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
hows everyone doing? I've had a prety ordinary week so far. Hope it gets better soon. Just had some fillings so my mouth feels awful, hope this wears off soon.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Busy! Had the weekend off which was nice for a change and then two days work followed by two days off, followed by three days work and then holiday for nearly four weeks, can hardly wait. Managed to find the time to watch a movie on Sunday using my new receiver and the PS3, sound was good, picture was good and so was the movie, American Gangster. Not often that a movie is over two and an half hours long and that I do not get bored.

Jehtro, the puppy is also keeping me busy, had kind of forgotten how much work a pup can be, lots of fun though and he is slowly getting the idea about house training which is very handy. Unfortunately the weather is not too good at the moment, had quite a lot of snow but it has warmed up a lot since and so there is just masses of water and mud and slush about, Jethro is not too keen on going out when it is very wet.

Hope everyone is keeping well and healthy. Not fun having teeth filled, do not particularly enjoy the whole numb mouth thing, drinking coffee and eating things, especially yoghurt is probably quite amusing for the observer.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
First of the month busy, busy, busy... and creating more work by the hour.

:work:

I did get my new Dell M6400 laptop in today... :jump:

Fin... I don't think I ever answered your question about Dynamat reducing the road noise. YES! It has helped much more than I thought it would. We drive daily on an old gravel road. In most cars it is very loud, even in my previous two Sonatas I have owned. I can tell a very significant difference since I covered nearly the entire inside this time around.

Not sure if any ebay sellers are in your area with the same price I paid for Dynamat Extreme, but it was only $120 shipped for 36 square feet bulk box. I used 5 boxes overall. It's normally $4-500 per box. :yikes:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Hows everyone going? I have just finished assembling my latest piece of work:

1.jpg

Before I give it its final finish (which requires full stripdown) I wanted to test it and make the neccesary changes.

Heres a sound clip:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/mmsouth/newguitar.mp3

It is my first attempt at making a guitar, what do you think?

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Cool...

My wife and I were listening and right at the very end we agreed it sounded like Pink Floyd when you were winding down.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Reminded me of space music or like Pink Floyd yes. Almost like it was speaking. Can't wait to see the guitar finished.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Awesome playing, dude!

I've been playing guitar for about 3 days now, and I'm starting to appreciate the skill and dedication needed to get to that level. My fingers are raw and numb, and changing chords take a few seconds.. :p

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Practice, practice, practice and soon enough it will become second nature. Just be sure to practise the right techniques from the begining, it's much easier than trying to correct bad habits later.

I remember those first few weeks, in fact there are still chords that take me a few seconds to get my fingers around. I only wish I could be more accurate with my playing, but unfortunately (due to arthritis) I can only play for 5 to 10 minutes at a time. This means I cannot dedicate the time I need in order to perfect timing and speed.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
yes.

81 - 100 of 410 Posts