Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

101 - 120 of 410 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
G'day all, Good name. At least it's not Hobo Bin Drinkin.

Anything interesting been happening? I calibrated my projector and watched a few movies. wow, I didn't realise it could make such a difference. I was about to make a new screen and all.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Amazing what a little bit of attention to calibration will do for ya.

I am anxious to get my Pulse sub built. There are about a half dozen movies I am ready to watch, but feel the need for bass before slipping them into the DVD player.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I second that, theres only so much time you can spend procrastinating over something before you either have to finish it or give up. I have personally given up too many projects this year already so Anything I start now will have to be finished or I'll end up being labled a "gunna". Coz all I'll ever be saying is that I'm gunna do it.

I have about three unfinished projects that I gave up on when the Wife got sick, so I figure I might try to finish them if I settle down again.

I week left to go then I have 4 weeks off :yay: I "WILL" finish my Centre channel and 3 way 2 channel system. I promise I'm gunna. :dumbcrazy: I will even post pics if I remember to take them:sarcastic:.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I ain't givin' up for sure. I had to finish up my car and that is pretty much done. I have two side beauty panels to build, but I am gonna do that later.

I will be getting geared up for it tomorrow. If I can get some wood cut, I'll start building it. I have everything here except the wood... and prefer my cabinet maker cut the larger pieces since all I have is a small table saw. Plus his China Birch is only $25 per sheet.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Good to see that people are keeping themselves busy. Am currently on holiday which is nice though am probably ready for retirement, unfortunately my pension would be rather small should I retire now as am 37 years old.

Have managed to watch a few movies of late, am pleased with the PS3 and the new receiver, just need to get my Harmony remote set up properly, also need to get some kind of remote for the PS3, do not like using the controller. Why did Sony see the need to use bluetooth for the remote, it does make things a tad more difficult, I do not see many remote manufacturers jumping at the oppurtunity of adding bluetooth technology to their remotes?

Sonnie: Dynamat is very expensive here, will have a look on Ebay to see if someone is selling it a bit cheaper. I was thinking of using a different product that supposedly has similar performance to Dynamat at less than half the cost. I will probably not pull up the entire interior of my car, my main aim is just to quieten it down a bit, I do not think that it would even be possible to get it very quiet, slightly less noise from the tyres would be nice though.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
You know they do make an IR remote for the PS3, but it won't do power, which was never a biggie with me since I would always have to go to the unit anyway to get the DVD out... then I could power the unit off. The key was being able to code the main function keys into my MX-980 remote. For 15 bucks it worked rather well.

I tried Dynamatting just my doors and trunk on my last car. I think it helped some, but on this last one, doing the entire floor seems to have really helped a lot more.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Nice, I like this one a little better at the momemt.

How do you embed youtube video?

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Just paste the URL of the video into the message box. You have to use a clean YouTube URL... not one that has been linked to from here or somewhere else.

Funny stuff.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Hello everybody!! It seems to be a little quiet in here, suppose everyone is busy preparing for Christmas?

Life is pretty good at the moment for me though busy even though am on holiday. Jethro the puppy is growing rapidly, eating like a horse and is full of energy, very few dull moments with him around. I have also done all my Christmas shopping, prepared most of the food as well and so will soon enough be able to relax a little. Christmas is always celebrated here on 24 Dec for some reason, in SA the 25 Dec was always the big day.

Hope everyone is keeping well and finding some time to relax. I would like to wish everyone all the best for the festive season amd may 2009 be the best year ever!!

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hey Fin :wave:

Happy Holidays to everyone!

No more shopping to do here... just hopefully finishing up my Pulse sub and getting a chance to try it out on a few movies the rest of this week that we will be off. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Last couple of days I have forgotten about X-mas, However the funeral was yesturday and a few of us went to a little party afterwards, the deceased husband, mum and father came along. Unfortunately we had alittle too much too drink (its kinda hard to control yourself sometimes) but the end result was very positive for all concerned. We actually had a great time and the healing process is well underway.

Merry X-mas to all and have a happy and safe new year.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
We've got some cleaning and coocking to do still, but we've still not in that panicked state. The kids got Wall-E on BluRay this morning, along with Kung Fu Panda. They are watching Wall-E right now. 20 below reference, and still my floor is bucking. I kinda realize why my wife won't let me go louder when the kids are asleep.. :p

Our livingroom is directly above the theater, and I'm basically sitting directly above one of my subs. You'd think my wife would appreciate the vibration, but somehow she don't... Go figure.. ;)

Other than that, I've got my wife something she's not expecting and can't wait to see her face when she open her present! :) My oldest girl (turning nine this spring) is getting a laptop, so she's in for a treat this year. The oldest boy is getting a new Nintendo DS. Hopefully he won't be too disappinted that he's not getting a laptop too. The little boy will probaly be happy with the wrapping paper. :p

Other than that, my mom, grandmother and father-in-law is coming over tonight for dinner and presents. Really looking forward to that.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I think my father is getting a new computer, but I'm not sure. He needs a very large screen and all the ones we looked at where pretty small. I think he uses a 800X600 resolution on his 19" monitor. I was telling him he could use his older monitor but I don't think he wants to use it anymore.

Then my mother was suppossed to get a digital picture frame. We went and looked at some and the price was ludicris on these things. I'm sure she will get one anyway.

As for me I have no idea. My birthday is a few days after christmas, and we celebrate christmas two days as they do in the netherlands. I will have presents a day earlier. They actually took my VCR box that my new pre/pro came in and put a single peice of tape over it, then stuck in under the tree. I was trying to figure it out what it might be shaking it a bit and it sounds like cardboard or foam packing in it and nothing else.

We will be having the nice dinner tommorow, and probobly play some music in the background as we do for the holiday meals.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
It turns out my mother has forgotten our tradition, among other things such as what we talked about last time we saw eachother etc. Oh well.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I got a $35 Goody's gift card... :jump: ... and a bag of switches. :devil:

I worked on the Pulse a bit today. Hope to finish it up tomorrow.

101 - 120 of 410 Posts