Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I see that you've hooked up with John and AE Nathan. Good call. Their TD series drivers are some of the best sounding/most dynamic around. Is that a 15? Is this going to have a passive x-over (looks active 2 way) and what will the slopes/point be? Why so much space between the ribbon and the Lambda? Looks beautiful as usual...

Tell me that the ribbon pod is swivelable...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bass driver is a 12", the large spacing is to get the tweeter to ear level, and it is adjustable rotationaly as well as adjustable a couple inches front and back. The wavezorber feet also allow tilt adjustment to tune in the "sweet spot". They are active only right now, crossover at 2000hz 24db/octave seems to be best. I may eventualy design a passive crossover, but not for a while.

The lower enclosures are a laminated stack of MDF CNC cut. Finished in Wenge veneer and solid Paduak corners. With a 4" flared aluminium port, tuned to 50hz, yes they are designed to work with a subwoofer(s). The tweeter enclosure is solid Wenge/Paduak.

A pair are capable of over [email protected] from 50hz up. Simulated F3 is 60hz.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Cool. Do you have dedicated amps that you are going to be matching with them and a DSP controller, or is sort of build your own with that stuff? What's the footprint and overall height?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right now I am powering them with some older equipment I have had for a while, we may be able to offer them as a package with Lyngdorf amplifiers/DSP's, we have connections with a local dealer. They are 15.5"wide, 16.75" deep, and ~40" tall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.