Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm *finally* getting my Dayton RSS390HF + Bash 300 project off the ground. Panels have been cut, Jasper jigs have been tested, hex head screws have been procured, curse words have been spoken loudly and often - truly, IT... IS... ON!

Anyhoo, I'm just about ready to finish up the main cutting and start assembly of the enclosure. At this point I realized I don't really know how to connect the Bash amp to the driver, and the instructions are essentially - no, strike that - the instructions are LITERALLY non-existent.

I do see two wires on the amp, a black and a red, that I assume are outputs. But... they have what looks like female spade connectors on them, and the Dayton driver has spring loaded clips for terminals. Should I just whack the ends off the amp wires? I can't see anything else on the amp that looks like an output.

Many thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
OK, I'm *finally* getting my Dayton RSS390HF + Bash 300 project off the ground. Panels have been cut, Jasper jigs have been tested, hex head screws have been procured, curse words have been spoken loudly and often - truly, IT... IS... ON!

Anyhoo, I'm just about ready to finish up the main cutting and start assembly of the enclosure. At this point I realized I don't really know how to connect the Bash amp to the driver, and the instructions are essentially - no, strike that - the instructions are LITERALLY non-existent.

I do see two wires on the amp, a black and a red, that I assume are outputs. But... they have what looks like female spade connectors on them, and the Dayton driver has spring loaded clips for terminals. Should I just whack the ends off the amp wires? I can't see anything else on the amp that looks like an output.

Many thanks!!!!!
you need to go bare wire into the driver...and that can be done 2 ways...cut off the spades and slide then into the dayton if they will fit, or if you need more wire...you can buy 2 male side ons and extend it that way...slide on to slide on...and add as much wire as you need to get to the driver...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir - that's what I thought, but this is my first time and I wanted to be sure.

All panels but one are cut - I screwed up half my front baffle through a combination of weariness and inexperience. Fortunately, I have enough MDF to cut another. Then bracing, slot port, and cutout for the amp and assembly will commence! Happy Father's Day to me! :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thank you sir - that's what I thought, but this is my first time and I wanted to be sure.

All panels but one are cut - I screwed up half my front baffle through a combination of weariness and inexperience. Fortunately, I have enough MDF to cut another. Then bracing, slot port, and cutout for the amp and assembly will commence! Happy Father's Day to me! :)
awesome...whats your plan for assembly? glue and screws? clamps? brad nails? Go slow and don't rush the assembly...ans yes happy fathers to to you!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts