Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, well Im not sure if I like this forum or not yet. Not because its full of great stuff but because its gonna end up denting my wallet alot lol. Anyways Im building a house now and have ran structual wire thoughout. Hopefully I put everything where I need it. I put to CAT5e behind where my flat screen will be on the wall as well as RG-6 there. Another 2 CAT5e below that at receivor level with 2 RG-6. Anyways I wired each room with dual CAT5e and dual RG-6 on for future expansion. Im pretty much starting from scratch with everything but intend to have a great system when complete. Seems like this is a great place to spend too much money on something I dont really need CANT WAIT!!!!. I will throw out a question here and if its not the right area I can always post in a different spot. From all I read the most important thing and first chunk of change I should spend will be on a Quality recevior and build from there. Heres to learnig as I go... "cheers"!

Excuse my spelling in a hurry dont have time to DL IESPELL will soon

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hi Chad, Welcome aboard!

As far as equipment is concerned the receiver and speakers are the most important pieces. Room design and treatment are also very important and should not be over looked.
A budget is always a good start do you have one for the receiver and speakers?
Have a look at the stickies at the top of this section for some great ideas for starters and feel free to ask questions in those posts.

Enjoy your stay with us at the Shack.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Chad, welcome to HomeTheaterShack.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Chad. I trust you have placed your cables away from power runs or perpendicular to them. I think speakers are the most important component followed by the receiver (amps). Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Hello Chad and Bienvenido.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts