Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I click twice (by accident) or I click again after waiting for a response, I get a message that I cannot search again for 10-20 seconds. , it ain't a new seach, just an attempt to get the original one to work. It is very frustrating.

Do you really have a problem with people making serial searches in rapid succession?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This may be true, but it is irritating.
Yup. Just happened to me again. I logged on and clicked on "New Posts." When there was no response in 3 seconds, I clicked again thinking I had missed the target and I had to sit in the corner for a 20 second time out.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,302 Posts
I'm not getting that, but I have elevated access so my experience may not be indicative of what others are seeing.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
If I click twice (by accident) or I click again after waiting for a response, I get a message that I cannot search again for 10-20 seconds. , it ain't a new seach, just an attempt to get the original one to work. It is very frustrating. Do you really have a problem with people making serial searches in rapid succession?
I get it too, and yes it is annoying.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
This is not a new thing as it did it n the old forum as well but agree it's annoying when it happens.

·
1,662 Posts
If I click twice (by accident) or I click again after waiting for a response, I get a message that I cannot search again for 10-20 seconds. , it ain't a new seach, just an attempt to get the original one to work. It is very frustrating.

Do you really have a problem with people making serial searches in rapid succession?
Hi Kal
We're looking into it. What browser are you using?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi AJ, I'll copy and paste an earlier post here; perhaps you can be of assistance?

"Yes, I cannot pick the avatar of my choice, even very tiny ones.
Also, I cannot get rid of the adds on the right column side. Normally you can discard that right column with adds, videos, Premium Vendor Showcase, Gear Reviews, Blu-ray Reviews, Recent Discussions, audio companies advertisement.
Also, I cannot get a profile picture, and no sig picture either.
Also, sometimes it is painfully slow to navigate and to post.

I have no clue why it is doing that; anything to do with vBulletin and VerticalScope's latest breach of security?

Also, while surfing around it doesn't seem to be as active as it used to be. Pardon me of saying but there used to be a time when it was alive with more great members. The members that are still here are fantastic but they are simply fewer of them than when HTS wasn't run by VerticalScope, which seems to be into financial advertising strictly and without an ounce of human care. ...Just a business to get your info in order to make money with you. Am I wrong or am I right?

Of course us the members here we're not like that; we like to learn and share about our audio/visual hobby, and help others without any financial rewards, for totally free. We love to get great info and give it back. Is this the forum's philosophy, today in 2016?

I do understand the Ontario's company (VS) huge lack of security and immense mishandling on many millions of member's accounts from all over the world; is this why it is now completely different than the past?

Please tell it like it is, don't be afraid, I can take it and not only it would help me but everyone else as well.

Thank you for reading and your consideration, cheers,

P.S. Tomorrow is July 1st, 2016, and I would like to have the avatar of my choice and have the ability to get rid of all those commercials and videos; I'm sure they don't help the speed of navigation here @ HTS.
If I can help with anything @ all, please just ask; I'm here to make this place a paradise on earth."

* I did not experience Kal's "time out" issue...yet. But I experienced several crashes few days ago...now it seems to stabilize a bit.
And I'm not sure if you are still a member here and if you'll be able to read this post, but I had to try anyway.
Cheers, be good and take care. :smile:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, nothing new, always been annoying.
To come clean, I have this problem in many instances in addition to HTS. I expect immediate feedback, if not a useful response, after I make an action. Even in my car, I expect my navigation system to be more responsive than it is and am constantly confronted with "Pardon?" or a beep.

I could give you a list but it doesn't, in anyway, mitigate my expectations.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Been that way forever. It really doesn't happen that often as long as you just click once so I really don't consider it that annoying. That being said it wouldn't bother me if they changed it so it wouldn't work that way.

·
Administrator
492 Posts
I sent in a report for the avatar saving issue. This should have been informed sooner, we apologise for the inconvenience.

As for the ads, can you take a screen shot and show me which ones you're referring to. Please stay logged in as well.

Lee

1 - 20 of 29 Posts