Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously! I just about spit my coffee out this morning reading this. Seems like a lot or rubbish to me.

Click Here

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's no wonder companies like that stay in business, look at what they charge to do the calibration LOL

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
I had the same thing in my email today too... Strange thing is I believe it to a certain extent.Years ago I remember swapping cables when I had a tube preamp, and a SS amp... There was a night, and day difference but I believe it had to do with the input and output impedance of the equipment. I say this because when I got my Classe Audio DR6 preamp, and DR10 amps it made absolutely no difference what cables I used. The Dr6 had an output impedance of less than 1 ohm. I do find it hard to believe that with today's SS equipment though that there would be any difference at all with a cable unless it was made poorly.

·
Registered
197 Posts
LOL at the header "A Happy Upgrade Story From Transparent", well of course they're happy! They got paid $700 to do nothing.

Ugh those companies make me sick.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,377 Posts
Yea, I got that rubbish too. PT Barnum was right, there is one born every minute... :rolleyesno:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Lowe's calibrated my copper lamp chord for free......:bigsmile:

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Do you find the light coming out now has a natural warmth and vibrancy that wasn't there before. :innocent:
hilarious...
I just sent my stock jbl binding posts and internal wiring in for SOC certification.
Can't wait to have some gear thats snake oil certified!

·
Registered
76 Posts
"Certification" is different than "calibration".

If you want your cables "Certified", send them to me and I'll do it for $29.99 plus shipping. I will be glad to certify that they are indeed cables.

How one "Calibrates" cables is another matter. It implies that the characteristics of the cable can be changed by some method, thus allowing the cables to be adjusted to match a known standard.

That one pegs my "" meter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts