Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

181 - 187 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Actually, the 2031P model is passive speaker. However, it is also a 4 ohm speaker, and the VSX521k is only rated for 6 ohm speakers. That means it would probably work, but you'd risk overheating or damaging the receiver (or just going into protect mode), especially at higher volumes. Not a recommended combo. Look for speakers that are 6 or 8 ohms instead.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did not buy the receiver yet so still time enough to look for one that can work with the 2031P.
How about the Pioneer VSX-1020-K ? I can get one for a good price.
Or can someone recommend a (inexpensive) av receiver that i can use

·
Registered
4 Posts
after reading a lot on the net i think i will buy the 2031 active speakers. i already have a set of active speakers(linkwitz pluto) and the behringers could be good for a 5.1 set up as rear speakers.

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had some behringer pro audio gear in the past. The pmx2000 pieered mixer sounded good, but lacked in the amplifier department. No bottom end sound compared to some others I used. I would also point out that getting into an Atmos setup with discreet ceiling speakers is money well spent. I was a professional DJ for ten years, and I've been into home theatre since stereo/before surround sound. I can truly say Atmos is the first thing that has impressed me since the inception of 5.1. Seriously; 5.1.2. Is far better than 7.1 or anything before it. You can get a pioneer VSX1131 for under $300 on eBay. Do that then get speakers to go with it. I would also point you in the direction of JBL Northridge, or studio series stuff. You can get it cheap used, and they sound great. Hope this helps

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

181 - 187 of 187 Posts