Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Much like many others, I am a newb regarding REW. Set up REW yesterday and started playing around. Today took some more educated measurements.

rew1.jpg

3 subs total, 2 ported Dayton 460HO's up front, one ported UXL in back of room. Room 20' x 22'

red line is 1st measurement without Audyssey xt32 engaged
green is Audyssey engaged
blue is front 460HO's moved away from front corners
magenta is 3db boost @40hz on 460HO's

Thoughts?

Dan

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the feedback Wayne and the heads up regarding saving screen as .jpg.

Currently the only eq I have is separate mic2200's that are in each chain of power to each sub. The measurements just appeared wild looking to some I have seen posted. My square room probably doesn't make things easy.

dan

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
If your going to use that many subs , try looking at a MINIDSP kit for managing multiple subs... you can import REW measurements into it - PEQ every sub individually and so forth ... +rew all your other speakers of you have a compatible setup....

Im also curious what pre amp signal your sending to your subs...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The acquisition of a minidsp has crossed my mind.

My line of power is Onkyo a/v receiver>Behringer mic2200 (one each to each sub )>Behringer nu3000 (ported UXL) & 2 Crown xls1002 one each to (ported Dayton 460HO's). No input signal boosted in the chain.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many many measurements later and I think things are looking up. Countless moves of furniture, speakers and subs. This is the best measurement so far. We use the room primarily for movies and tv so center channel and sub alignment is critical.

Blue is un-smoothed center only. Red is subs (3)+ center w/Audyssey engaged. No matter what i did; the peak @ 55 and subsequent drop @ 60 could not be corrected. Not sure what the center channel is doing @ 115 & 130.

best REW so far.jpg

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
MINIDSP 2x4 $105
MINIDSP UMIK-1 $75

Gets you sub in with 4 individual sub outs with Crossover, PEQ, compressor/Limiter on each channel... also imports any REW measurement / correction file - pretty powerful stuff for under $200

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
I've been looking at the 2x4 and for 105 bucks, it's a steal. My problem is my avr lists the preout voltage at 200mv. I think that's .2v right? I've seen guys complain about the .9 not being enough gain from the mini and having to turn up past where they want. In my mind, .9 will be fine since it's already well above my AVR's output level of .2v. Or no?

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
I've been looking at the 2x4 and for 105 bucks, it's a steal. My problem is my avr lists the preout voltage at 200mv. I think that's .2v right? I've seen guys complain about the .9 not being enough gain from the mini and having to turn up past where they want. In my mind, .9 will be fine since it's already well above my AVR's output level of .2v. Or no?

Got the HD. It's awesome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts