Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just stumbled onto this site by accident and let me say first off just reading for 20 min and i already re painted my screen and it looks 100pct better so thanks. Second. I have an Epson 8350 and im at 14-2 with the secreen size 106", which is what they spec'd on the calc. I was wondering if i would get a better pic if i was to move it a lil closer to the screen? or Back?

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack XenfinityX! :wave:

Glad you found some useful info here. What did you paint your screen with?

Please give us more info on your HT (wall, ceiling and floor colors; seating distance from screen; approx. amount of ambient light during viewing).

The calc at projectorcentral shows you as having 18 fL with your screen size, but this assumes using full lamp and Living Room modes; using Eco lamp mode and a better theater mode can drop that by half.

If you position your PJ at 10' 4" (the closest possible to still get a 106" 16:9 image) you would increase your image brightness considerably (30 fL) which would help if you have an ambient light problem and need a darker gray screen to get more image contrast and better black levels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I painted the screen with the Behr Silver screen Color with Valspar Paint mentioned in the thread i read on here. During the day i have some ambient light but at night i have none. the walls soon will be painted a medium matte grey color. Ceiling will be painted also. Seating distance is about 11.5 feet. I just started the HT project so im not 100 pct finished yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts