Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tidal Audio / The Lotus Group / The Voice That Is / Audio Power Labs - Room 9017

The system configuration included:

No code has to be inserted here.

Wayne's Impressions

The Tidal Audio Piano Diacera speakers, made in Hürth, Germany, had among the nicest finishes I have seen on speakers, a beautiful piano black glossy enough to make them hard to photograph. Several other fine wood finishes are shown in their literature and on their web site. Even with these finishes, the overall appearance is understated, a subdued grandeur.

The Piano Diacera's sounded very smooth and neutral, perhaps a bit subdued on the high end. There was nothing not to like about them. The tonal field was very constant. They seemed like speakers that would be easy to place and easy to enjoy from a variety of seating positions, and at ease in any finely decorated room.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
The Tidal's are one of my favorite speakers from Axpona 2012!!! I remember walking into the darkened room (albeit they had very colorful lights in there). I had just come out of the Scanea room. The Tidal people played a version of Amazing Grace that just struck a chord!!!!! I was mesmerized!!!! I quickly asked for the price sheet....looked at it...and kept it for a souvenir! Why - because at my current rate, I'll never be able to afford them! But that's why I like shows - they give me an opportunity to hear things I may never be able to hear again.

They were very laid back in character and as you said - nothing offensive about them. It was one of the rooms that my son had to practically drag me out of because it just seemed so......right! The one's at Axpona had a burl finish to them - I took some pics but as you've said before - they are very glossy and show a degree of craftsmanship that's rarely seen. :clap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts