Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the possibility exist to make to produce the sweep with the inserted filter?'
I would like to do him/it because I could check the waterfall after the correction

annacamilla.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
does the possibility exist to make to produce the sweep with the inserted filter?
No, not with REW.

You need to add filters to your equalizer and then measure to see the effects (or trust what REW says will happen in the corrected responses).

brucek

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a person has told me that with rew you/he/she is possible to record the sweep with the filter inserted in an average-player (foobar 2000)

it takes a card audio that manages an inside routing
how could you/he/she be explained?
I apologize me for the difficult translation italiano/english

annacamilla.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
right is been I would like to use the convolver and to measure the sweep with the inserted convolver....... someone has done him and it works.... but I would not know whether to do

annacamilla.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
I believe you have to measure your room with REW and create a set of filters that you like, and then use FILE / Export filters Impulse response as WAV and then convert the WAV to a format the convolver software in the HTPC can read. Read over that thread I mentioned above.

brucek

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we see if we can understand better there

I would like to understand come to measure of it is able of they are governed here is sweep an answer corrected by the convolver
comes to you/he/she has made this person

green = sweep rew
red = sweep inserted convolver...... as you/he/she has been able to measure the sweep with the inserted convolver?

annacamilla.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
before register here is the sweep and here is salute in wav.
the question is as to measure a sweep reproduced by a convolver

excuse me

annacamilla.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Hello Annacamilla,

At present the only way to measure the response after applying correction is to use an equaliser or an external application, such as a convolver, to apply the filters. I do plan to add the ability to produce a sweep which has filtering applied to it, so that you can measure what the filters would achieve. I also plan to allow the filtering to be applied to the measured signals within REW so that it can give an accurate prediction of the corrected response including waterfall. Those features may be available at the end of this year.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I do plan to add the ability to produce a sweep which has filtering applied to it, so that you can measure what the filters would achieve. I also plan to allow the filtering to be applied to the measured signals within REW so that it can give an accurate prediction of the corrected response including waterfall. Those features may be available at the end of this year.
Hi John - did this ever get added? I asked basically the same question yesterday (http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/rew-forum/58514-measuring-software-eqed-response.html#post525549), before running across this thread.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
The second part has been done, the EQ window shows the effects of the filters including a waterfall view, but not the first part - still on the list.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts