Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Should Yamaha bring back the orange glow backlighting?

• Yes

Votes: 36 73.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 26.5%

To site mods.. I would like to start a poll to petiton Yamaha to bring back the orange

4K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  8086 
#1 · (Edited)
The title says it all. I really miss the orange glow of Yamaha's older models. You knew it was a Yamaha just from that orange glow.They've adopted the "me too" Blue look of every other AVR receiver manufacturer. Can we start a poll to see how many would want the orange display back?

#7 ·
Back in the 1990s, I had a mobile Sony discman (with car kit) which had a selectable back light to match the interior of your car. You could go from blue to green to red with the press of a button. I think it would be a good idea if Yyamaha would consider such an option.

#15 ·
The orange display would be great to see again, although I would be all for a color selector (maybe with the option to black out the display during movies). I've had several Alpine car decks and they have all had color selectors, usually between green/blue/red depending on the model years.

#16 ·
I agree, the orange displays are the best. Pioneer I think is the only one who still uses it. The blue display is hard to read in a dark room and is way to distracting. I like the dimming ability on my Onkyo but would still rather have orange.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.