Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://farzanegan.org/ht

Update- as of last night- I now have the two tempests wired to the EP2500 (not through the 1124).

Next steps: getting a RS meter and getting this tuned.

The bass from my IB is amazingly clear- but not.. loud. I'm going to be really curious how it specs.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some specs- the room is over a garage (I have two garages) and I had turned the back 1/3 of the room into a climbing (bouldering) wall. I even make my own holds- ask if you're interested.

The size is about 18x23.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a picture of the room I did in Sketchup (free from Google). From the original vaulted ceiling I added a 9' ceiling (much to the dismay of my climbing friends who wanted a taller wall). I also built a wall which is for the screen.

What's the consensus on screens- should I buy a screen, build a fabric screen or use the wall with a special paint?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, saving money is a big motivator.

After getting ridiculous quotes on HVAC work, I did it all myself.

I also did all the electrical stuff.

That paint you mention- is that a special HT paint, or just a Home Depot thing?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My projector is now mounted- but as I put on the blog- I want it motorized! (and DIY). I'm thinking some kind of garage door opener...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got some samples of the screen colors (Misty Evening) and some others and held them up as I watched a movie last night (Dragonfly not too bad, actually) and was... underwhelmed.

To be fair, this was a color swatch and not the actual paint, so I might have to paint some actual surfaces to try it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Josuah said:
Garage door opener for dollhouses?
Heh, do they have such a thing?

I was thinking garage door opener, because they often have remotes and are used to move in two directions with limited motion... dunno. I'm stewing on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts