Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
3:10 to Yuma: the final chapters of the movie are phenomenal demo material. Gunshot blasts, dogs barking, people yelling... Heavy use of surround channels... Chest pounding impacts... All culminating with very heavy LFE as the 3:10 to Yuma Train arrives at the station. Then, the slow rhythm of the train engine - idling - doubles as a slowly dying beating heart. Great stuff!

·
Registered
349 Posts
All great scenes, and I have seen them all, except for the Star Wars Episode 1, I've seen it once, it'll be enough:rubeyes:

The Terminator Salvation scenes were my favorite of the past few years but it's been replace lately by the apartment shooting scene and the fighter jet/big rig scene from Live Free or Die Hard. I'm sure everyone here have seen it, but if you didn't, you owe it to yourself.

And of course, like Masters and Commanders, another classic that everyone is familiar with is the whole pod emergence scene from War of the World. It's not just about the ULF scenes, but the whole thing, glass shattering around you, ppl screaming around you, the pod's ray guns shooting by your head:eek: awesome. I choose the DTS track vs the Dolby for this one, seems to offer a little more dynamics.

I could go on and on but I'll let others come up with some, some that I've never seen before hopefully:D

cheers

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
The train crash in Super 8 is awesome for showing off your sound system! Highly recommended.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.