Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am try to put together a 7.1 sound sound system for my HT. I would spend up to $2000 with amp and all the speakers BUT i am kinda looking for is it really worth it in $$$ for the extra sound??

If you could put down what you would think would be your top speakers and price range beside it...

thanks

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
For a Receiver: Onkyo TX SR805, $600
Speakers are a tough choice as its ultimately what you like, SVS has a great package including a sub. They make the best subs for the money.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Onkyo's are the best bang for the buck, but you can also consider Yamaha, HK, Denon, Pioneer.

About speakers, as Tony said is hard to tell, you need to audition them to decide which one you like. There's some companies that let you audition the speakes at home and if you don't like them just send it back (worse case is that you'll need to pay the shipping).

I heard good things about this JBL L Series (specially L820, you can find good deals on ebay), you can also take a look at RBH or you can start here :T

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
SVS has a Canadian reseller called Sonic boom Audio that will save you some money going that route.
Any sub in there lineup will blow away the competition when comparing price to output. HSU is the only competitor but I dont know any Canadian sellers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts