Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Gotta agree with Battleship being a 4.
Prometheus a 4.
Smoking Aces.....don't recall, would have to watch again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
First movies to have mega bass were Earthquake and Midway. They used a new sensation called "sensurround" using Cerwin Vega folded horns and a special boosted track. They had to be removed from older movie theaters because they were losing bricks. These beasts are still available under the Cerwin Vega EARTHQUAKE series. They are the KING of subwoofers....

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
First movies to have mega bass were Earthquake and Midway. They used a new sensation called "sensurround" using Cerwin Vega folded horns and a special boosted track. They had to be removed from older movie theaters because they were losing bricks. These beasts are still available under the Cerwin Vega EARTHQUAKE series. They are the KING of subwoofers....
Are you talking about subwoofers or movies with bass?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Ok we need to add Jack the Giant Slayer, Pacific Rim and How to Train your Dragon to the list. With all of the interest on Subwoofers, I am shocked people are not looking at this thread more.

·
Registered
27 Posts
One of my favorites of all times on a really BIG screen is Terminator 2. I was at Incredible Universe in DFW and they had the sequence where the truck comes down into the aquaduct chasing Schwarzenegger on the Harley. It was on a 70" TV with TONS of bass. Ended up buying both the TV and the movie and played it for family & friends when they came over. Really stressed the sheetrock...lol...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Why is not Tron Legacy on the list ? :eek:

And what about The Incredibles :) The Incredibles have some deep bass in the movie, and allot of sound effects.

That is my 2 favourite movies that is not on the list.

Cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Transformers blew the speakers out in my TV. Also, one of the most powerful soundtracks ever was Tombstone, especially during the thunderstorm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What about a good old movie like Akira, That was won of the first I ever seen the THX sound test on.
Even the newer Anime movies are earthquake drills.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I thought it was, but it may have been closer to 20. I was definitely not blown away by the bass. Loud? Yes. Low? Not so much. http://data-bass.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/291-godzilla-2014-discussion-poll-closed/
Edit: no spectrograph. :-(
Even with a 30hz filter, that's still deep...but certainly not enough for bassheads.... but enjoyable nonetheless. But I do think monsters in a city should be just crazy.....I haven't seen it in my ht yet, so I still have to watch it properly close to reference and then make a judgement. A friend who is a bass head really loved it in his ht, so I'm confident it will still quake my house proper.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts