1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the Epson 5010. It's an amazing projector for the price. Blacks look great and on economy mode it's still very bright. It's really an awesome projector and it's not too loud.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'll look into both of them. Bight and quiet sounds good to me.
We use the pj room a lot. 50 hours (easy) per week.

Our LDC Sanyo worked fine for 3 1/2 years, then panel went yellow. :rubeyes:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do like the LCD's, easy set up etc. nice pic, but short life :sob:

I've been working with the Panasonic folks on commercial products; they said their new Panasonic LCD's are organic and last much longer. The are a little over my price range though :spend:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I thought this was going to be a list of which 2013 projectors to buy. If it's just a list of what common issues there are for various makes I could add to it though (just to state my position I have a JVC X35 bought purely for 2D use).

In no particular order:

Buzzing in 3D Sony VW50ES (external emitter helps fix this). Not the sharpest lens on the market, but partly hidden by the electronic sharpness feature 'RC' (reality creation).

Poor 3D in JVC X35/RS46 (firmware update that has to be installed at a dealer since it involves connecting directly to a PCB). Bright corners on some examples (luck of the draw).

Non uniform focus and general uniformity issues on Panasonic '8000 (and previous models). Luck of the draw to some degree, but will need a good dealer to fight your corner since it's considered 'in spec' in many cases.

Similar to above for Epson, though they seem more willing to swop out, but might take a few attempts to find a good example.

More a question of chose your poison I think...even the £17,000 Sony VW1000ES isn't perfect, some owners have reported issues (though I can't remember what they were off hand).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I vote for the Sony

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I made the trip to the box store, just missed the sale price on the 5020, $1,699.
I may just have to wait or keep looking........

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Epson 5020, $1,699 sale, missed it by a week.

:blink:

I bet I can get one for that price...down in your neck of the woods btw.

:blink:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes...looks good.

The sales fellow at the "box store" might have been mixed up on the models, I can't find a sale on it.

Now I wait............:eek:lddude:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe it was $2600 and the sale was basically $2500 so they gave me $100 back. This was in October so it could have gone down a little. This projector was perfect for me. The fact that you could also move the vertical and horizontal positioning of the lens was awesome. I have very high vaulted ceilings so it sits on top of a book shelf to the side of my couch. I needed that horizontal shift. Plus the contrast ratio blew all the others out of the water for that price.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts