Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to change the STK 392-110`s in my RPTV. While doing my backround research about this i see that improved STK`s are the advised answer, however it appears that the Hitachi kits come with resistors of a different value than those which were originally used. As mine is not a Hitachi brand i understand that these resistors are not applicable to my set, however as the use of either a 392-150. or a 394-160 will change the power consumption of the overall circuit, I would like to know if i need other than original ohm rated resistors? If that is true how would I determine the value of them?
Thank You
 

·
Plain ole user
Joined
·
11,121 Posts
The STK392-150 is a direct replacement for the -110 that can be used in any set. I know of no problems with this sub in any model of any brand. The STK394-160 was made for Hitachi and has been used to replace both the -110 and -150 chips in their sets. The -150 was used for some time before the 394 series chips came out. The resistor changes, which were only a couple, were for improved reliablity of the circuits regardless of the chip, I believe, though details were never released on the specific reasons. There have been some reports of sets that the STK394-160 will not work in as a sub for the earlier chips. My suggestion is that unless you have specific information that it works in your set, use the STK392-150. Paying attention to the other factors is likely more important than which chip you use anyway. Read the first ten posts of the convergence repair sticky very carefully.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
rerebuilder,

I am in the process of repairing my brothers Toshiba 42H81, and I would like to know what chips you ended up going with and how your repair turned out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i used the sanyo 150`s. got then on ebay for $24 for the pair. i followed the advice given in this forum, t9ook several digital pixs for reference during reassembly. the results were great, no more random shadows overall i think it took me about 2 1/2 hours to replace them.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top