Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

You guys have extremely helpful and knowledgeable people here. I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction with my TV problem.

Just recently my girlfriends cat decided to spray right on the front of it. Shortly afterwards I noticed the convergence being quite off and when I looked inside, the green was very dim. This also makes the TV quite dim unless one is sitting in direct line with the TV. After trying to adjust the convergence and having no luck, I decided to take the front off and have a look see. There's no obvious damage inside by the CRTs, but now the green is completely out. All three tubes glow orange at the bottom at the same intensity so it doesn't seem to be that. Is it a chip somewhere or a resistor? Is this something you would recommend that I not try to fix myself? Any insight would be welcome. Thanks in advance!

-Josh

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
It could be some bad capacitors or bad solder connections on the hyper module, or any number of other things. This problem would require troubleshooting which goes beyond the scope of this forum. I suggest you contac someone who has experience servicing this series of sets.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the advice. I was afraid it going to turn out to be something I'm unable to do on my own and I was right!

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully someone will check this thread again.

I've got some new info. Not much, but it's different from what I originally posted.

The green isn't out completely. After about 30 minutes the green comes on completely and the picture is fine. If I turn off the TV after that the green is present when I turn the TV back on. After leaving it off all night, the green is out again and the process begins again.

This sounds like a CRT issue now. Any insight or advice? Do I need to replace the CRT? Or am I off with my diagnosis?

Thanks in advance!

At least I can use the TV after a bit of a warm-up period.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
More troubleshooting would be required to be sure about the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts