Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the convergence repair on my 42H81 went so well I guess i now must try to fix the 50H82. It has a horizontal stutter from any external inputs, yet the menu appears stationary so from other posts I think that the problem is in the hyper module. I have removed it and opened the cover.
capacitors CX370,[[email protected]]
CX60 [same]
CX301, [same]
CX302, [same]
CY900, [same]
CY132, [same]
C503, [same]
and CY23, [[email protected]]
all appear to be slightly swollen and the rupture "x" on their top is plainly visable. I have not seen this on surface mount caps before, so is this normal? or should I plan on replacement of them also?
thank you in advance

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
There is a thread on the Hyper Module problems with more info. I have not seen swollen caps in the hyper modules, but they do have problems with ESR.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
firstly i want to say thank you!
it took me some time to get the confidence to replace the cap in the hyper-module. i practiced removing and replacing them on an old socket 7 computer board i had until i could do it neatly. i have now replaced all the 10mfd 16v caps and the unit has a great picture. but the sound is nothing but a mumble, with almost no volume and poor clairity. i would not have noticed this before because the television was hooked up to a surround sound system. that is now being used by another tv. i have tried to replace the speaker with another 8ohm 15w but had no improvement in sound quality or volume. the tv will still work with a surround system, but it was going to the game room and i was hoping to use it as a stand alone unit.
i would appreciate any available guidence to repair this problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts