Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and i both went and picked up two RP tvs, a Mitsubishi and a Toshiba. They both had a 3D look to them so after reading forums we found that it was a problem with the ic chips. So we ordered two new chips for each. We got the new chips in the Mitsubishi and its working like a dream. We replaced the chips on the Toshiba and now it wont bring a screen up or sound. Picture and sound worked before we replaced them. The Mitsubishi would turn on and then right back off when we first got it but we replaced one of the pico fuses and that fixed it. Do you think i am having the same problem with the Toshiba now? I used the 392-110 chips so i dont know if i just got a bad set or if i just fried the bored when i was soldering. We checked all the soldering and there aren't any bridges. When i first reinstalled the bored the red power light flashed a bunch of times then stopped so we took it out and tested all the connections with an ohms meter and they were all getting power. What did we do?! any information could help. thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
What is the model # of the toshiba, you may havs just missed a pico fuse or something, double check that all connections going to and from the board to other boards are ok (solder connections as well as the actual conector on top). Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts