Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have a RP Toshiba that worked when i got it but it had convergence issues so i replaced the ic chips (Sanyo stk392-110.) So we put everything back together and tried turning it on and the red light would come on and stay on but no picture or sound. we took the boards back out and found that three of the fuses and three of the resistors were blown on one side with one of the chips. so we replaced the fuses and resistors and powered it back up but now the red light comes on and flashes. it keeps flashing over and over at the same pace. i read on a couple of posts that said if i take the chips out and turn it on then it should still work.. but it will just be 3D looking. i took the chips out and still had the same problem. i checked for bridges in my soldering and there aren't any. iv read the first ten posts over and over and still cant find where i went wrong. im getting married and was trying to get a nice tv for my fiance and i but im feeling this might just end up being something for target practice. it was obviously something i did cause now the tv has no picture or sound. any leads would be much appreciated.
thank you

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Look for the basics. Power supply fuses, broken connections, connectors misplaced. If it worked before and does not now, something you did has made a difference. There is no way for anyone to know what that might be. Careful observation and troubleshooting is the only thing that I can recommend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts