Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have the toshiba 57hdx82. The tv worked fine except for the zig-zag issues (bad hyperboard). I removed the hyperboard from the signal board and sent it off to be repaired. After getting it back and reinstalling everything again the set is dead.The red power light comes on and stays on for fifteen minutes then goes out . It will make a small click, then you hear a low noise like a amp powering up but thats it. I've worked with circuit boards before and was very careful handling everything. I tested 11 fuses on the main power board and they all checked out ok. I doubled checked my hook up connections a half dozen times. Is there anything you could suggest I check for or try? Do I have to reset something? I have a service manual for a 65hdx82 but it should be good for this model also from what I read. I'm down. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Go over it again. You missed something. Likely a connector not plugged in all the way or in the wrong location. If it worked before, the work you did likely changed something.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go over it again. You missed something. Likely a connector not plugged in all the way or in the wrong location. If it worked before, the work you did likely changed something.
I hear you Icaillo. I thought the same thing. I went over this thing a half dozen times but I can't see what I'm missing. I'll keep trying. If you think of anything else, please let me know. Thank you for your time:yes:

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
IIRC there were a couple of connectors on these that you could put in either location...

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
If I Recall Correctly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All the connections I removed could only go in one way. If I hookup video/audio cables from the video out
to the video in on another tv I get a good picture with sound and am able to change channels with the 57hdx82 remote. Still no on screen display on either one. Any more suggestions? Thanks!

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
More troubleshooting that is beyond the scope of this forum would be needed. The board repair could have been faulty or you could have done something in taking the set apart or putting it back together to damage something.

Your thread has been moved to the proper forum to maintain forum organization and to make information easier for others to find.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, just a follow up. I removed the hyperboard from the signal board and tried it. I got a light blue picture on the screen finally. I found a 57h82 on craigslist and got it for $20. I took out the hyperboard from that one and installed it in mine. Everything is working good now! Apperaently, if there is something wrong with the hyper, it could prevent a picture showing up on the screen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts