Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My stepson just got a used PT44LCX65 that won't turn on. The old owner said it just went off one day, and he got a new bulb but that didn't solve the problem, so when I turn in on, the green power light flashes for a while then the lamp light flashes once each 5 seconds. that is all. Is that a ballast issue? Is it easy to fix as compared to convergence ic's is? I want to get this fixed for him so he won't use our big screen for games and such. thanks.
Jim

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, what I thought. The guy we got it from said he put in a new bulb recently and then it just went off one night. He just decieded he was gonna buy a new lcd instead. Now, I found several forums where people got the ballast kit (but I can't find it) I do have a schematic for the ballast. Do you know what components would be replaced in the upgrade kit? Might be quicker to do that than wait for a kit. thanks
Jim

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, here is a deep question...I just picked up a 50 in sony lcd projection for free. Have it in the sony thread, but, since it is the bulb for sure...I went online to research bulb only, and found osram part #69458 for my sony, and also, since it looked almost identicle to the panasonic one, I checked and lo and behold, it had the same bulb listed, osram #69458. If that is the case, can I just use the bulb from the panasonic in the Sony, and we have a working tv?
Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts