Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After studying forum and looking through possible causes I decided to try replace STKs. I checked all resistors around it and they looked good and the same Omhs, so I believe resitors are fine. I ordered two STKs and replaced these, but there is no change in image at all - it is still sorta collapsed. But it's not just collapsed to the middle, but like constantly moves to the middle..

Errgg... it's easier to see - I uploaded video on youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=ESmdK21q_0g

Signal is from my camera and on camera image is almost still, but on the TV image constantly collapsing.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After a little more studying I found that it could be something called "hypermodule", but I was not able to find one on my set. I've found "Digital convergence" module tho.. Is it the same and also can have bad 10pF capacitors?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Vertical collapse in deflection like you are seeing is not a Hyper Module problem nor a convergence problem. Resolder the vertical output IC, ESR the caps in the area, and verify that the power supply to the output IC are correct.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vertical collapse in deflection like you are seeing is not a Hyper Module problem nor a convergence problem. Resolder the vertical output IC, ESR the caps in the area, and verify that the power supply to the output IC are correct.
Thank you for your feedback! Any pointers how I can locate Vertical output IC? And how I can find "correct" power supply value? Tried to find service manual online - no luck.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
There are suggestions for sources for service manuals, both free and for a fee in the DIY Repair Stickies, and we have vendors for service manuals in the Vendor Listings. They are out there, you might have to pay $5-20, but having a service manual is essential to doing repairs effectively. When a professional like myself goes to repair a unit, I never go on a call until I have that documentation and perhaps the related training manuals from the manufacturer if they exist. A vertical repair like this is rather trivial for an experienced tech, but you might also run into other issues once that is fixed, like the Hyper Module problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried to find free or for fee service manual for this model in DYI Repair section - no luck. May be general guidlines how this vertical output IC can look like? May be from another toshiba, so I can recognize it visually and check for some obvious problems? I do not want to invest much money in to this set, but if this is something that could be solved by resoldering and/or replacing few parts - I'd rather go for it.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
This manual was likely never available electronically and unless someone has scanned it there may not one out there. A tech would look for the yoke wires. One pair will go to the horizontal output and one pair goes to the vertical output.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts