Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Too bad this flick stunk. I won't even consider renting it after having wasted my money in the theater for this one.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, it's definitely a bit of a chore to sit through if you're not enamored with the baysplosions

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Mike wrote:

I couldn’t detect ANY 30 hz filter
Am I that predictable???? Well OK then, call me what I am. I can't help it! I love that very low LFE!!!

I think we should take a poll on the whole 30 Hz filter thing & send the results to Hollywood. How many of you guys feel the same way? Do we have these subs for looks or what?

PS: Thanks for the review Mike. Always nice to read you stuff. I'll pick it up on the way home & give it a spin.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike wrote:

Am I that predictable???? Well OK then, call me what I am. I can't help it! I love that very low LFE!!!

I think we should take a poll on the whole 30 Hz filter thing & send the results to Hollywood. How many of you guys feel the same way? Do we have these subs for looks or what?

PS: Thanks for the review Mike. Always nice to read you stuff. I'll pick it up on the way home & give it a spin.
Lol. Us ht nuts are very predictable about our lfe

You might have a hard time picking it up on your way home since the release date is almost two weeks away ;)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I didn't think it was all that bad, but it wasn't all that great either. I enjoyed this one more than Dark of the Moon. Also having a nice change of pace with Mark Wahlberg instead of Shia Lebeouf was also a nice change. The thing that I didn't like was that it felt loooong.

I will probably add this to my collection when it comes out, especially given the high technical marks.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I hope I like this one fells long not a good sign. Thx for the review Mike! I'll try to wait and buy it used for $9.99 on blu at Family Video:) gotta love having a video chain still around:).

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Who will prevail in the Ultimate Transformers Showdown? Will it be an Autobot, Dinobot, Decepticon or Constructicon? Fans are voting for their favorite Transformer in this daily interactive match-up and are getting a chance to win a 64” Ultra HD TV!

http://www.transformersmovie.com/showdown/

Transformers: Age of Extinction features some amazing cars, but what’s it like to actually drive one of them? Recently, a group of journalists went to Exotics Racing in Las Vegas to find out. You can see the results here-

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
Just got my copy in today and watched it a little bit ago... I gotta say the audio in this movie is awesome. I took a peek at my Monster power conditioner during the last 15 minutes of the movie, and it was sucking some power for the bass! The most we had ever hit was 5.5 amps watching a heavy bass music bluray, and this time it was hitting 6+ amps at -20( from reference levels)! Does anyone know how low the bass actually is on this disc?

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got my copy in today and watched it a little bit ago... I gotta say the audio in this movie is awesome. I took a peek at my Monster power conditioner during the last 15 minutes of the movie, and it was sucking some power for the bass! The most we had ever hit was 5.5 amps watching a heavy bass music bluray, and this time it was hitting 6+ amps at -20( from reference levels)! Does anyone know how low the bass actually is on this disc?
It gets in the very low teens

·
Registered
110 Posts
A hair under 15hz but its got insane levels, just flat out loud and plentiful bass! and not to mention a mix that's pretty unique! It does clip a bit but not at all that bad. I for one loved it!

·
Registered
230 Posts
This was the worst movie of the year in my opinion. I understand story/plot can take a back seat to special effects in these films, but the story in this film wasn't even in the car! You really need to turn your brain off to watch this. Don't ask question, just keep eating popcorn and watch the explosions.

I'd really like to see one of these films in the hands of a director that cares about a story line.

I think your rating was a little high. 58 would probably more accurate.
Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
This was the worst movie of the year in my opinion. I understand story/plot can take a back seat to special effects in these films, but the story in this film wasn't even in the car! You really need to turn your brain off to watch this. Don't ask question, just keep eating popcorn and watch the explosions.

I'd really like to see one of these films in the hands of a director that cares about a story line.

I think your rating was a little high. 58 would probably more accurate.
Just my 2 cents.
The movie only has 2.5 stars... Which would be around a 50% rating. The reason it has a 88 is because of the other ratings for the movie... ie Audio etc.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ellis is right. 70% of the movie's weighting is based on the audio and video scares, so the final score tends to lean towards how well the AQ/PQ holds up to since we're more of a tech site rather than a movie only site.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Did anyone ever watch Transformers as a kid? I thought they did a good job of evolving the story line to include elements from the various implementations of the series.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Did anyone ever watch Transformers as a kid? I thought they did a good job of evolving the story line to include elements from the various implementations of the series.
I think this is one of the worst parts of the franchise. I don't think anyone working on these films ever watched the cartoons growing up. In this particular movie, the dinobots were just tossed in for no reason that made sense. I don't want to spoil it, but it was very disappointing to say the least.

My mistake on the rating.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The audio was fantastic. Was a little disappointed in some of the CGI as it was obvious in some parts of film. Overall thought is was good action-packed-mindless entertainment. I went in knowing the plot and storyline would be thin and just let myself enjoy the action. It delivers on that front.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts