Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
I am about to start building a couple of speakers using 2 x 10” Volt BM2500.4 mid base drivers .
1 x Volt VM752 midrange dome and not 100% made my mind up on the tweeter . But it will most likely be the Fountek NeoPro 10i or maybe the Fountek NeoPro 5i .
I have been reading a lot about transmission line speakers and was wondering if the two mid base drivers would be worth putting in to a transmission line cabinet . I think it’s worth doing just get the best reproduction out of these speakers. But your thoughts would be grateful and appreciated.
cheers
Adrian

·
Registered
157 Posts
Model them in Hornresp.net.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Advantages from my experience: with some drivers, you can tune a transmission line lower (while still being flat) than you could a ported box, sometimes by more than half an octave, and you can also design a box with lower group delay, approaching that of a closed box but with the frequency response of a ported Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox box.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Advantages from my experience: with some drivers, you can tune a transmission line lower (while still being flat) than you could a ported box, sometimes by more than half an octave, and you can also design a box with lower group delay, approaching that of a closed box but with the frequency response of a ported box.
Thanks for your reply, very informative and explained very well.
Winlsd l have used a lot and have no problem with. Hornsrep l am not so confident with and finding it hard to calculate two drivers in the one T Line properly.
Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts