Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, just curious if anyone has any experience with these subs. I put two of the SSI 10" in a sealed enclosure under the back seat of my truck and really like them. Never heard of them before a local shop got them in but was told they were a significant improvement over my old 2x MTX 4500 10" and boy were they right. Just wanted to see if this brand of subs would be decent for home use?

The specs are on the website.

http://www.treoonline.com/ssi.html

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
They are solid, though a bit expensive. I had an SSI 18" in my home for awhile. If you are looking at them for home use the ones that are worth purchasing are the SSI series 18"ers and the entire SSX line. These lines are only worth it if you get a good deal too. I think they want $800 for an 18" SSX. If you can get one for about $500 it's nice. The 18" SSI's and SSX's are really nice in small sealed boxes about 4-5cu ft. The rest of the lower lines are not really worth it for home audio.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Like Ricci said, good but expensive. There is very little on them in the car audio forums because you can get the same or better quality drivers for less from other companies.

As for suitibility, with any driver that is totally dependent on the T/S parameters and your goals. It doesn't matter if it is marketed as a home sub or a car sub. I should have picked up a bunch of older Cerwin Vega V-Max subs. The 15" version works great in an IB. I picked up 2 for $80 each. I could have gotten them cheaper in larger quantities. Not bad for a driver known as a cheap car sub.

-Robert

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, I see. I picked both of mine up for $275 so I didn't think they were that expensive. The car audio place I use buys a lot of older, last model year type stuff because of the huge discounts he can get. It's funny you mention those specific Cerwin Vega subs Robert. He also carried them but they were too deep to fit under the seats in my truck.

I have no plans to use them as home subs asking more out of curiousity but thanks anyways.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Matt,

If you know the driver parameters, model and see...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts