Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just finished up painting my very first sub box build. I don't claim to be a pro I'm just a DIY'er who loves taking on new things that are foreign to me. With that said, I was wanting to trim it out with some decorative trim. I started thinking that it maybe a bad idea. I don't want it making noise from vibration.

Thinking about it I don't recall seeing any on any HT subs I've seen. Does anybody have any tips for me? Is trim a no, no on HT subs?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So glue it down. Once it's down there's no pulling it back off so is there much room for error? It's the 90 degree stuff that I'm worried about. In an ideal world my box is square and the trim will be a perfect 90 but, you know how that goes. I'll have to be generous with the glue.

I'd hate to ruin this build just because of the finishing work but, I think it would look great.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You are not limited to 45 degree cuts on the chopsaw, if your box is not perfectly square. Use test pieces to check the angle. One little tip: If you cut one piece at 46 degrees or whatever, The other piece must be cut the same angle.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What I meant is its angle trim. The trim I'm using is a 90 degree that raps corners. I still haven't put any on, I'm just having trouble talking myself into it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just use a good amount of glue, I like construction adhesive, mainly because i get it for free, but it also stays tacky for a while and once dry there is no way it is moving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts