Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I wanted to share with you my sub project. After my last sub, which left a lot to be desired, I decided to use the Trio 12 after reading all the good things about it. Originally, I built it with the bash 300 amp, but after talking to CCS, I decided to use the Bash 500.

I really liked the style of Elemental Designs A5-350 so I tried to model the box like it. After a lot of planning I started cutting. Here are the pics

The box is right at 4.4 cu.ft tuned to 20hz with a high-pass filter at 20hz.

Trio 12 build album

I'm painting now. Primer needs one more coat then it is time for black!

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,377 Posts
Re: Trio 12 & bash 500

Wow, that's an amazing job! :TT

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks guy! Yeah I have and It sounds great and shakes the house. My HT room is a loft open to the house on one side. The sub fills the house nicely when listening to music and get low when watching movies. I am pleased.

·
Registered
683 Posts

That is a nice build! I'm looking forward to seeing how the finish turns out. Are you doing a flat black or a piano finish? Or a duratex type coating? Nice work! :T

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

That is a nice build! I'm looking forward to seeing how the finish turns out. Are you doing a flat black or a piano finish? Or a duratex type coating? Nice work! :T
It will be a textured flat black finish. Here is a pic of the finish on the last box I did.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Great job on your build. Looks fantastic. :T:bigsmile:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally got it finished! Just in time too, I have one of the SI 15s coming to play around with.

Overall I'm very happy with it.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,377 Posts
That literally appears to be a subwoofer you bought. Very nicely done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts