Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an 8" ORB Audio sub in my home theater. My living room is about 20' X 12' and opens up to the kitchen that is about a 1/3 of the size of the living room. I currently have 2 10" AA arsenals that are sitting in my garage. I want a bigger sub stage. Something that will extend into the 20hz range. I would like to build an enclosure geared toward my home theater. FYI, I have some building skills, so I can build an enclosure for any box design. I have between 4.5-5.25cu.ft to work with on each sub in my living room. Here are the parameters of the Ascendant Audio Arsenal 10"
Driver Specs:
Znom :Dual 4 ohms
BL : 19
Re Dual 3.5 ohms
Sd: 330 cm2
Fs 29 Hz
Mms 150 g
Vas 31.2 L
Xmax 20.5 mm
Qms 4.01
Spl 83 dB 1W/1M
Qes .59
Qts .515
Rms 750W
Le 1.8 mH

-Bob

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
re: Triple 10" Sub Build

Each in 3 cu.ft net tuned to 20 hz looks good. The sub will handle 450 watts with a high pass filter at 18 hz. A slot port 2" x 8" x 32.5" long keeps the air speed to 27 m/s at 20 hz. If the subs are wired for a 4 ohm load the Dayton 1000 watt plate amp would work nicely.

Arsenal 10.JPG

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

What would a rounded port calculation be. I have tons of PVC of different lengths and diameters. Are there advantages or disadvantages?

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Well, I have an update with my sub needs. I recently talked to Chad at Epik about his MTM design that I just recently built. By the way, I love these speakers. So we were talking about my sub needs and I'm going with a 3 10" AA Arsenal sub configuration. I will be getting a 1000W Bash Amp to go with this. (Yes, it will handle a 6 ohm load very well as it was designed that way) Each sub will be getting around 333W each. I'm waiting for some enclosure specs and what not, but was wondering if someone could model this up for me tuned to 17hz or 14hz. I have 9cuft to work with. The design we talked about was for a prototype Conquest design that just didn't happen. Anyway, I believe we are looking at 3-5 3"ports. Thanks guys!!

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Mike,
I don't have specs on the amp. I am confident that everything will be good with filters, power handling, etc. As I was told, this amp was built for this setup. What would this look like with a 17hz tuning. I can't remember from my conversation with Chad if this was a 14 or 17hz tuning. Once I have the amp and have some more discussions with my buddy, I will post.
I have yet to receive the amp and Arsenal sub (I already own two of them). Should get them this week. I am really excited about this project!!!

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Well, I'm wondering if my 3 10" sub/amp setup is going to work. It's been awhile since I've heard from my buddy who is helping with this (selling me the extra sub and amp). So I want to make a plan "B" if this doesn't work out. I would use the 2 10" Arsenals I have, but I have no amp as of now. I've been thinking of getting a Behringer EP1500 since it will run a 2 ohm load. I'm not exactly sure what tuning freq. would be best for this type of setup. I did state earlier a 20hz tuning, but some people wanted to know what the HPF would be since this could change some things. I have no clue what this would be since I don't have an amp at the moment. Any other plans that you all may think could work, or any "I would do this if I were you" would help. I would like to keep the enclosure between 3- 3.5 cuft. per sub. I was even thinking of doing two separate enclosures (mostly for asthetics).

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)

dual 4ohm coils. Duh.........I can run them into a 4 ohm load together. I had these in my truck running a 2ohm load each. That's why that was stuck in my head. :duh:
I have a pair of 3" Precision ports I'm not using. I can also make a slot port if necessary. I just don't like slot ports cause they have been a pain in the butt to paint inside the port opening. Either would be fine.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts